How much ACV for a single water bottle?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueCamasRabbitry

Reaction score
I'm wanting to give a doe some ACV to help with willingness to bred (won't be breeding until the 24th, but I've heard you're supposed to give it to them for a while beforehand). I think she has...at least a 12oz water bottle, but it could be more.

Should I just pour in about 1/4 of a tbs per day or every 2 days? Or is 1/4 of a tbs too much?

Thanks,
Emily

I seem to recall putting about that amount in the water for the rabbits when we were using crocks instead of bottles. I worked up to about 1 teaspoon ACV and 1 drop grapefruit seed extract in roughly 12-14 ounces of water.

You may need to work up to that amount of ACV over a week or two, so she gets used to the taste. :)

I use one teaspoon up to one tablespoon full
to a Gallon of water. You could try i/4 teaspoon full to a bottle.
How much you use depends on whether or not your rabbits will
drink it. I find it easier to mix by the gallon,
you can give the ACV water with each watering.
It will do no harm as long as they are drinking.
Dennis, C.V.R.

The amount is not critical as long as the rabbits will accept it and still drink, as Dennis says. I've used 2 tablespoons per gallon and I mixed it up ahead of time in a plastic jug. Makes it much easier than fiddling with small quantities in the water bottle itself. Starting with half strength may be a good idea, to ensure that the rabbits are not put off by the sudden change in the water's flavour. Most seem to accept it readily, however.

Alright, thanks guys. :)

I guess I will just mix 2 tablespoons to a gallon, and let all my guys drink it..since it helps with odour problems. ;)

Emily

Back