How is this Weight?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JudyM

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I weighed my largest 8 week and 1 day old kit figuring then that the others would be near that but probably less. S/he weighed 4.4 lbs. Is that about the average size for a meat mutt at that age or does it fall on one or the other end of the line?

I hope you named him/her "Hoss"! 4 and half pounds at 8 weeks is spectacular, congrats :!:

We all dream of a 5 pound 8 week bunny but I have never achieved one. I am really happy with 4 pounds. That keeps one out of the freezer for awhile. I would consider selling or showing one at that weight, as long as the type is good.

Judy, that is Outstanding! Wish I could achieve that, it takes my Pure White New Zealands around 10 wks to come up with that weight. Please keep us informed of their future weight.Oh yea, what cross are they? Very good Job and keep it up! ;)

Frankallen":15nvvcgj said:
Judy, that is Outstanding! Wish I could achieve that, it takes my Pure White New Zealands around 10 wks to come up with that weight. Please keep us informed of their future weight.Oh yea, what cross are they? Very good Job and keep it up! ;)

Thanks, that's good to hear!

The breeder I got them from said that she breeds just for size not breed. The buck looks like a cali and the doe looks like a chinchilla, that's just the coloring. I don't know the differences in the body structure of the breeds. The other doe that I got from her looks like a NZW. So who knows what these meat mutts are!!

Back