How in the world....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very rare winged dog???

Kind of reminds me of that silly verse from childhood:
"I saw a seagull in the sky
It dropped some whitewash in my eye...
Gee, I'm glad that cows can't fly!"

Seriously, how high is the fence? Have you checked for signs of digging under it? Could the poop be from a different kind of critter, like a raccoon, that can climb easily? Could someone have left the gate open and then later remembered it and closed it, but said nothing? Could you have a malicious neighbour, adult or child, who flung it over the fence?

looked like dog poop, in a nice pile so not flung, I was home all day yesterday with a hubby and son who said..."it's too cold to go outside". Fence is four feet. NO digging, looked like from a medium sized dog, cats come by but they don't leave nice little piles (they bury it). No sign of coon or other critter. It was just rather odd....

If a dog has the mindset of jumping fences and is physically capable, they can do so. I have a golden retriever which has regularly climbed over and out of chainlink fences since she was a pup, and I have to stay outside with her to this day or she will still do so. I also owned a labrador several years back that would readily climb privacy fences as high as 6 feet. I even watched him jump onto the cab of an Isuzu Trooper one day.

Like Maggie said, keep an eye on the area. Chances are that the dog will be back.

My akita clears a 6' fence whenever she feels like it. Luckily she actually hates jumping and she knows she'll get in trouble so she rarely does it. However I'd lay bets on a raccoon. Depending what it's been eating it will look just like dog poop and they are much more likely to get inside a fenced yard.

Back