How do you find shows?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAWR

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a dumb question. I've been wanting to get into raising rabbits for years and now I finally own my own house with a shed in the back and wanted to start a small herd. I know I have a lot to learn and I thought maybe going to shows would be good exposure and a good learning experience for me. The only problem is I have no idea how to find where the closest shows to my area are. How would I find this out?

Put a location in your profile and we can help a lot easier. It doesn't have to be personal just a big nearby city if you're like half of us here that live in a one horse town. :farmer2:

I take it by your user name you're up north but...Google, area clubs, ARBA's web site are a few. Oods are there's a member here that can help you.

Search Facebook also and join regional rabbit clubs. I get a lot of show fliers on my newsfeed now.
A

ARBA website is a good resource but just be forewarned that they only post ARBA sanctioned shows *after the sanction fees are paid*. Some clubs wait for entry money to start coming in to pay sanction fees, so information on some shows will show up last minute. That means you may want to check back frequently. Your state rabbit club may be a good resource, too, in addition to local and regional clubs.

You may also want to check vendor sites. There is a vendor in Texas that travels to many shows here and around the country. They post a list of shows they are attending on their website.

Homer":qyyyvqry said:
Put a location in your profile and we can help a lot easier. It doesn't have to be personal just a big nearby city if you're like half of us here that live in a one horse town. :farmer2:

I take it by your user name you're up north but...Google, area clubs, ARBA's web site are a few. Oods are there's a member here that can help you.

For some reason I thought location was part of registering for this site. That's what I get for doing it late at night I guess. I poked around and figured out how to change it. I live in the panhandle of Nebraska. My other problem is I just moved here from another state so I won't recognize the names of many nearby cities. (nearby being loosely used ;) ) <br /><br /> __________ Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:59 pm __________ <br /><br />
Lastfling":qyyyvqry said:
You can go to the ARBA site and search the show listings by State. Following is the link:
https://www.arba.net/showsSearch.php#showsearch

Thanks for the link!

annatimmerman":qyyyvqry said:
Search Facebook also and join regional rabbit clubs. I get a lot of show fliers on my newsfeed now.
A

Oooo! That's a good idea! Now if only I could get the right search terms...

fhjmom":qyyyvqry said:
ARBA website is a good resource but just be forewarned that they only post ARBA sanctioned shows *after the sanction fees are paid*. Some clubs wait for entry money to start coming in to pay sanction fees, so information on some shows will show up last minute. That means you may want to check back frequently. Your state rabbit club may be a good resource, too, in addition to local and regional clubs.

You may also want to check vendor sites. There is a vendor in Texas that travels to many shows here and around the country. They post a list of shows they are attending on their website.

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the heads up!

RAWR":2xrqr21o said:
For some reason I thought location was part of registering for this site. That's what I get for doing it late at night I guess. I poked around and figured out how to change it. I live in the panhandle of Nebraska. My other problem is I just moved here from another state so I won't recognize the names of many nearby cities. (nearby being loosely used ;) )
There are a lot of one horse towns out there. lol I use to live out there over30 years ago in Alliance NE. There use to be a club in Scottsbluff but the name escapes me. Check county fairs in the past for Alliance, Scottsbluff and Sidney. They are about the only 3 "kind of" large towns out there. If you're in the southern panhandle you could check Sterling, CO too. It's about 20 mile south of Sidney.

If you can find an old fair flier online you might find a contact name for registration that would give you someone to contact. There are also shows in Cheyenne, WY a few times a year. Any way you look at it your going to have to do a lot of driving to get to a show out there.

I searched "rabbit breeders", the name of my breed, "rabbit club", etc on Facebook and found a lot of the local clubs. We have a "Southern States Rabbit Breeders" group that everyone posts fliers and show info on, even hotel reservation info for overnight shows. Super helpful, hope NE has something similar!

Homer":vi8rp90o said:
There are a lot of one horse towns out there. lol I use to live out there over30 years ago in Alliance NE. There use to be a club in Scottsbluff but the name escapes me. Check county fairs in the past for Alliance, Scottsbluff and Sidney. They are about the only 3 "kind of" large towns out there. If you're in the southern panhandle you could check Sterling, CO too. It's about 20 mile south of Sidney.

If you can find an old fair flier online you might find a contact name for registration that would give you someone to contact. There are also shows in Cheyenne, WY a few times a year. Any way you look at it your going to have to do a lot of driving to get to a show out there.

Ooo thank you thank you! I recognize 2 out of the 4 towns you mentioned. I guess 50% ain't bad ;)

I can't say I'm surprised they're all far away, but I was afraid of that. I might need to scrap the shows idea. But let me know if you ever remember the name of that club!

annatimmerman":vi8rp90o said:
I searched "rabbit breeders", the name of my breed, "rabbit club", etc on Facebook and found a lot of the local clubs. We have a "Southern States Rabbit Breeders" group that everyone posts fliers and show info on, even hotel reservation info for overnight shows. Super helpful, hope NE has something similar!

Oooh that might work. I kept putting "Nebraska" in the search terms. I should probably broaden it. Especially since I'm so close to other States.

Latest posts

Back