Hopefully still pregnant?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I have 2 does that are/were? pregnant. Today is day 27, I went out to feed everyone, and as I had my head stuck in one of my pregnant does cage I happened to look down. (Their hutch is out side, and their just hits the ground until I shovel it.) I saw a red spot that did not look like poop. I got a stick, and scooted it closer to me. Upon inspection I see teeny tiny claws. :cry: Then I realized it was an aborted kit. It was on about an inch, and a half long. I dug around more, and did not see any other fetuses. I gently palpated her, and I do think I left a few more lumps in her. Is it possible that she may still kindle, and had aborted just the one kit, and it had possibly died, and that is why she passed it? This will be her first litter.

I also checked my other doe who has had many litters, and she honestly felt empty to me. I checked her poop area as well, and found no aborted kits. Could she still be pregnant, or is it possible that she passed her litter, and ate them? (she always has at least 11 kits, but has had a habit of chewing on kits that get drug out of the nest on a teat.)

Back