Honey Baked Rabbit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coyotejoe

Reaction score
This is from the Pel-Freez cookbook. I made it last night and it was absolutely delicious. It is such a simple recipe even I couldn't screw it up. It's very quick and easy, no marinate on preparations, the rabbit can go straight from the hutch to the oven.

Attachments

• Honey baked rabbit 2.jpg
    Honey baked rabbit 2.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 2,237
I made this a couple days after you posted it Joe, and it was absolutely delicious!

I usually cut the belly flaps off, but had left them on the bun this time, so I stuffed the cavity with sliced apples and "sewed" the flaps shut with a couple of toothpicks. :dinner:

I was gonna make this my first contribution to the recipe forum. I'm not surprised it's already here. :lol:
This is better than a chocolate Easter bunny!... Even a solid one! :D
Real butter and raw honey for me, please...
And, yessss... it's good on chicken too. :roll:
I might try it on Cornish hens this weekend... I LOVE Cornish hens! :mrgreen:

Has anyone ever tried this without the curry? That's the only reason I haven't tried it. I have had similar recipes though.. honey compliments rabbit nicely.

katiebear":34wmmocb said:
Has anyone ever tried this without the curry? That's the only reason I haven't tried it. I have had similar recipes though.. honey compliments rabbit nicely.
I would think you could do this without the curry just fine... though I'd probably try to replace it with another spice or spices. Chili powder, maybe. Mmmmmm... :chef:

Katiebear, I almost left out the curry myself.

About twenty years ago Hubs was making a curried chicken dish for dinner, and the whole house smelled of curry. Shortly before dinner was to be ready, I became violently ill (flu or food poisoning) and ever since then have associated the smell of curry with- how do I put this nicely in a recipe thread?- :hmm: the rapid upward expulsion of food from the stomach. :oops:

The curry flavor was very mild, but I may have used a bit less curry than called for. ;)

Latest posts

Back