Register

Holstein Rabbits

A place to vent about what's bugging you. Please keep it civil.
8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 33,661.00

Re: Holstein Rabbits

Post Number:#16  Unread postby ladysown » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:40 pm

it's hard to know what to think.

I've had first had reports about dead bunnies, about rabbits rescued dying of coccidiosis, of dead does with babies along side.... so it's hard... to know what is so.

Did the farmer toss dead bunnies into the litter below? Did loose rabbits falling into the manure area get coccidiosis and then spread it?
Was a trespasser the first one to create a hole for loose bunnies to escape or did the loose bunnies bring the rescuers out to discover the farming operation within?

You do need to wonder about staging. The kit did look pretty healthy.....

I would hope that someone wasn't trying to intensively raise rabbits like you can with chickens...but we can't really know eh? Until we know what happens with what the SPCA does....
ladysown

http://athomepets.weebly.com/
Primary Blog : http://athomepets.weebly.com/at-home-pets-blog.html
Old Blog: blogs/athomepets/

Site Supporter
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 32,245.00

Re: Holstein Rabbits

Post Number:#17  Unread postby Dood » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:31 pm

You'd be hard pressed to find a rabbit, or dog or cat, that didn't have some coccidia in their stool, the issue is when they've got a heavy load and considering all the cottontails running around spreading the disease, and my rabbits got it bad when I started to really began to increase the amount of fresh forage I fed them, I suspect the loose rabbits cannot handle the diet change and the parasites proliferated

Previous