Hollands?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZachsRabbits

Reaction score
I know Hollands are difficult to raise but what are Hollands's personalities like?

They are all I have, so I don't have much to compare them to, but we love them! The females can get grouchy acting when they hit puberty age or want to be bred, during pregnancy, and while nursing, but not all display a lot of unwanted behaivors. None of mine bite a lot, and our oldest one is just the sweetest since the first time we bred her. She got to where she was lunging and just not very nice, and that it what started our rabbitry. Since then, her temperment has been so sweet and curious, and she runs to see us when we come outside, poking her nose up to greet us. They aren't all quite that friendly, but I am able to groom them without special gloves or big problems, and they only scratch when they are scared and being carried in a way they dont like. Hope this helps! <br /><br /> __________ Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:51 pm __________ <br /><br /> They are all I have, so I don't have much to compare them to, but we love them! The females can get grouchy acting when they hit puberty age or want to be bred, during pregnancy, and while nursing, but not all display a lot of unwanted behaivors. None of mine bite a lot, and our oldest one is just the sweetest since the first time we bred her. She got to where she was lunging and just not very nice, and that it what started our rabbitry. Since then, her temperment has been so sweet and curious, and she runs to see us when we come outside, poking her nose up to greet us. They aren't all quite that friendly, but I am able to groom them without special gloves or big problems, and they only scratch when they are scared and being carried in a way they dont like. Hope this helps!

Clowns with personality lol. They are active in your face but on the go at the same time. If you got it, they want it. If it can fit in their mouth, they want to taste it...repeatedly. Note some are different, I have some that could careless about what is going on and appear dead bunny to give you a heart attack for no reason other than their own amusement.

Acting up during puberty can be avoided to a point, don't get a line that has bad issues. I do not have any does that are truly aggressive. I don't tolerate it for ONE minute, you bite you're done you charge you're done. I've only got 1 doe that is her space is HER spaces and bawks at me for moving her nestbox etc (but never growls, bites, lunges or boxes at me and she is OK with being held/handled easily).

Back