Holland Lop Does

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandm Bunnies

Reaction score
Any thoughts on these two does that we kept back from last year.
Black Doe: Mel & Mitchee's Heidi
Broken Black Doe: Mel & Mitchee's Hayden

Attachments

• heidi.jpg
    heidi.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 799
  • 006hayden.jpg
    006hayden.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 799
  • hayden.jpg
    hayden.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 799
IDK much about confirmation, but I think they are beautiful! Their crowns could be a little wider, I like their chest width.

Broken black: good head mount, good markings & color, I'd like a larger head with more curvature to the skull and overall width, good substance and length to the ears, but it fails in ear carriage, with the crown being narrow and weak. Looks like a pretty good body, but it may slope off over the hindquarters a bit (I'd like to see more of its topline made up of HQ & less of midsection). She has a fairly good chest, but her bone looks a bit thin

Black: She doesn't look posed (back leg too far forward), so its hard to see type. She's a bit more faded in color, with some scattered white hairs. It looks like she has better curvature to the skull, and a larger head, but her ears seem more folded and set back on the head than the broken. She shares the problem of a narrow crown. She looks like she lacks coat condition right now too, and I'd keep an eye on her weight: With that look & leg length, I'd worry about her being a BUD. Although she isn't posed, she looks she like lacks in depth to the chest and has a poor midsection, too long for the compact type desired in a Holland. She could use some fullness to the HQ too. She looks like a wide, sturdy doe, though.

I'd say the black has a better head, but the broken has a better body.

Latest posts

Back