Holland lop breeding for colors

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elizabethwoodward37

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting a pair of Holland lops soon and want to get an orange for sure and I was thinking of a blue tort as the other. I have been researching what the outcome of the babies will be and have come up with the outcome that some babies will have colors that are not desirable for showing. I would like to breed to improve or maintain good standards. Is this true that I could produce those colors that are not showable? Have any of you done this breeding before? If yes, what were the outcomes if you can remember?

Thanks, Beth

Orange and blue tort? What did they say you would get from those two? There very few colors that pair can make, and unless you have some weird gene in there, they're all showable ones. Oranges would be the most likely outcome, then torts (if you orange carries tort), maybe some creams or blue torts (if your orange carries dilute and/or self). Those are two pretty common colors, and a pretty common cross, that usually turns out fine.

Ok, thank you. I just found a page that someone created to show what you should breed to what and it said to be cautious of this pairing.

Latest posts

Back