Holland lop at day 32!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tbunker

Reaction score
Hey my momma Holland lop is at day 32 today and she has yet to nest at all! This is her first litter (mine too) so I’m a little nervous. The temperate has dropped here over the last couple days and I’m afraid she’ll end up having her kits out of the nest box during the night and I won’t find them until morning.

Also our housing situation, I have a designated girls area and boys. The girls both have their own separate house but share outside space. I tried to separate them completely but they are extremely bonded and seemed to be stressing about it. My pregnant doe just wants to go back into her original house but I’ve been keeping her in the larger one with the nest box. Should I be keeping her inside until the babies arrive? I don’t want to stress her out to much..

Thank you!! I don’t know what I would have done without this site!!

A lot of does have them at 32 days. Especially smaller breeds. I usually don't worry until about day 34. Most of mine don't nest until right before they give birth. Make sure to keep the does separate. They can get territorial when they have kits

SableSteel":2v6xw7v0 said:
A lot of does have them at 32 days. Especially smaller breeds. I usually don't worry until about day 34. Most of mine don't nest until right before they give birth. Make sure to keep the does separate. They can get territorial when they have kits

We are on day 34 now and she is still showing no signs. I think I can feel movement of kits still. And she’s still eating/drinking like normal.

Back