His colors?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeaTimeBunnies

Reaction score
So I'm getting this little mini rex fella in a few weeks. I know he's a Harlequin, but I just can't figure out his colors. It's not the best photo, but it is the best his breeder could get of him right now. Can anyone maybe tell colors? I should be getting a new picture Wednesday or Thursday so I'll put that one up too when I get it

Attachments

• img_6779.jpg
    img_6779.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 1,845
Here is a MUCH better photo. I see the black and the orange, but it also looks like he has white. Could that be white or is it just a really light orange? Can harlequins actually get more than two colors?

Attachments

• img_6820.jpg
    img_6820.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 1,820
red rabbits generally have lighter markings around the mouth, chin, and the chest/belly. think of harlequin kinda like a calico cat - the black parts are solid black, but the orange part usually have tabby stripes, right? same thing in harlequin rabbits. the orange areas are just showing the natural light markings that a red rabbit would have.

he's very cute! i like the minimal orange on him, very cute.

red rabbits generally have lighter markings around the mouth, chin, and the chest/belly. think of harlequin kinda like a calico cat - the black parts are solid black, but the orange part usually have tabby stripes, right? same thing in harlequin rabbits. the orange areas are just showing the natural light markings that a red rabbit would have.

he's very cute! i like the minimal orange on him, very cute.

Ooooh. Okay, that makes sense. Thanks shazza. He is the only Harlequin I've ever had so I don't really know a whole lot on their color pattern's abilities (does that make sense? Eh. I know what I mean). I know that he isn't the best quality harlequin, but I'm not concerned about it since I'll be using him to try and get my start in tri colors, not harlequins, and for pets not shows

He's very cute. "Quality" harlequin isnt nescessary for pets. It's better to have a unique looking bunny that you can recognise between any other, those are most popular. He certainly qualifies for that ^^

So I got my handsome boy and now I could use help on his name. I'm thinking based on his colors I'd like a fire like name, like ash or cinder. Neither of those fit him well in my opinion though. So thoughts? I'll get more pictures of him tomorrow so y'all can see his colors better

He has red across his back too so he does have kind of a smouldering look to him. It's proving difficult to get his red to show up in his pictures <br /><br /> __________ Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:59 pm __________ <br /><br /> Here are those pictures

Attachments

• IMG_20170825_155737.jpg
    IMG_20170825_155737.jpg
    489.6 KB · Views: 1,760
  • IMG_20170825_155750.jpg
    IMG_20170825_155750.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 1,760
  • IMG_20170825_155817.jpg
    IMG_20170825_155817.jpg
    486.8 KB · Views: 1,760

Latest posts

Back