Register

Hi! New Member: AstRex

Site News, Announcements, Posting Guidelines and Introductions.
Female
BunnyBucks: 10.00

Hi! New Member: AstRex

Post Number:#1  Unread postby AstRex » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:34 pm

Hello RabbitTalk forum! Let me introduce myself, I'm AstRex. My username came from my first show rabbit and new rabbit as of recently, Astrid! She's a black and white broken patterned standard rex young doe. She's 3 months old. So I just mixed the first 3 letters of her name and rex, which is her breed, together! I have another rabbit; Comet who's a older Opal Mini rex buck. Can you tell me favorite breed are rexs? He's a house bunny while Astrid lives outside. I did have another pet rabbit before Comet named Blossom who was a Holland Lop/California Flemish cross buck (yes I know he was a boy and yes Blossom was his name,) but unfortunately, he was attacked by dogs and passed away. :(

Anyway, while I'm not new to rabbits, I'm new to show rabbits! I'm hoping to start a breeding program up soon for show rexs! This coming year will be my first year showing rabbits and I'm excited, I've always been interested in showing rabbits so any newbie information would be fantastic! I'll get some pics here in a few! :bunnyhop:

Site Supporter
4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 9,526.00

Re: Hi! New Member: AstRex

Post Number:#2  Unread postby michaels4gardens » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:48 pm

Hi and welcome,
lots of people with experience showing rabbits here, -but- i am not one of those- been raising rabbits for 57 years ,I still love them and get a little excited with new litters...
meat-mutt rabbits, a few laying hens.

2 years of membership2 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 3,398.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby Nymphadora » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:18 pm

Hi AstRex!

:welcomewagon:
Welcome to RabbitTalk, I'm sure you will find many people here that have fallen down the rabbit-hole in much the same way you have. :)

I myself am partial to the Rex breed, as well, and I've been showing for the past year (I used to just tag along to shows with my friends, but now I've got my own rabbits to put on the table!). My best advice for showing would be to make some friends! It doesn't necessarily have to be with other Rex breeders, although that helps because they'll be able to help you assess your stock. But having a group of people to hang out with throughout the show, and help each other carry rabbits to and from the table is immensely helpful! :oops:

Here are some photos of my herd:

Juvia, our first time mama who is currently fostering a bunch of babies... they're six weeks old now, and still pushing and jostling to get at the milk bar. Greedy little buggers. :P Juvia was the first kit we ever held back from our starter herd, and although her temperament swings around from time to time, I absolutely adore my little broken opal girl. :oops:
Juvia.jpg
Juvia.jpg (146.74 KiB) Viewed 32 times

Elfman, a little buck we kept back from the last litter of a doe we lost this summer. He's not always jazzed about being handled, but he's friendly enough, and his color is turning out very nice (this photo is a bit old, I'll see if I can get a better one in the next couple weeks).
Elfman.jpg
Elfman.jpg (137.64 KiB) Viewed 32 times

And some babies... because who doesn't love babies? :in_love:
Jane's kits 2 weeks.jpg
Jane's kits 2 weeks.jpg (152.27 KiB) Viewed 32 times

Enjoy poking around RabbitTalk! :D

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 4,012.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby SableSteel » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:23 pm

Welcome!
If you have any questions about showing rabbits, feel free to ask me.
I hope you enjoy your time on RabbitTalk
:hi:
Show Breeder & ARBA Registrar

The following user would like to thank SableSteel for this post
Nymphadora