Here they are (popple pics)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leanne

Reaction score
But what are they? Other than mutts I was curious about the color.
Mom is black NZ type about 9.5lbs all I know about her was that her sister has won some shows. But not what kind of show could be just a pet thing. At this point there is no way to find out more info. She has been bred several times to the same buck. Every litter has been pure black with maybe a few silver hairs when older.

The buck we know is a cross from a pure silver fox and a palomino who they think was pure but you know how it is without a true ped who knows. He is all black with some silvering.

Two kits have a deffinate white head stripe and one more looks just to have a small spot. The lighter kit who is a deep silver is very much a pleasant surprise.
I am trying to learn a little more than I knew yesterday.
Thanks, Oh they are 24 hours old.
Hanna1013003.jpg

Hanna1013004.jpg

On breeds that Silver usually the white stripe on their heads is an indiction of how well they're going to silver out. With the Argents it's something we get excited about :)

the silvery one is blue (the dilute of black). So know you know that both parents carry a dilute gene.

OMG! They are definetly super-cuties!! The first rabbit I ever owned when I was young was a Black NewZ buck with a small white spot on his chest. I named him "Pickles" (hence, my screen name here)- he was so sweet & adorable!
Of the litter- I love the silver/blue kit... definetly a standout. I envy you all these new darlings. What fun! :)

oh, so neat! happy they were finally born, cant wait to watch them grow up! (you will be posting more pics, as they grow, right? RIGHT?! lol)

Hanna1019037.jpg

They are growing up fast. They should have there eyes open soon. This is the first picture I have gotten where you can see all 7 in the nest. The previous owner of Hanna sais she has never gotten anything except pure black out of her with the same buck. While this litter has 1 blue and 3 with some white either on their heads or on the neck under chin, and two of those have white toes. So someone must have a spotting modifier or something. Which is most likely not a good thing with any of the breeds they are mixed with. (For me it makes them easier to tell apart)
Hanna1019036.jpg

I am really looking forward to finding out what the Californian crosses are going to look like.

Latest posts

Back