Help with genotypes.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunny love

Reaction score
I've been trying to write out my bucks genotype based on his color and the color of his offspring. He is a self blue. My doe is a chestnut agouti. So far they have produced Opal, Squirrel, Chinchilla, Cream, Chestnut agouti, and White kits. Only one white kit lived long enough for it's eyes to open. When they opened they were dark, not red. When it died it was beginning to get dark points. Would this be his correct genotype - aa-B-cchd-dd-E-ch ? And how would I write the does genotype? I don't believe she carries self as all of the kits so far are agouti based. Any help would be appreciated.

Based on the colours of kits the parents are definitely
A_ B_ C_ Dd Ee = chestnut
aa B_ C_ dd Ee = Self blue

From the chinchilla (or sable chinchilla) we know one of the parents carries cchd (or cchl) and the other carries cchl= sable, ch=himilayan, or c = REW

Because of the cream and that the dark eyes whites sound like frosties, both parents must carry non-extension / e

Since no self colours were produced, there is a good chance the chestnut is homozygous for agouti = AA

Latest posts

Back