Help! What color should I breed my Holland Lop To?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LopLionheadLady

Reaction score
Hi guys! I have a broken blue holland lop female and I was wondering what color would be best to breed her to?
Any help would be appreciated
(not good at color genetics) lol!
:D :bunnyhop: :) ;)
Thanks,
Haley

A lot of colors are accepted in holland lops, so you get more options. Just a few colors to avoid: anything broken (broken tort, broken blue, etc), vienna marked, blue eyed white or harlequin/tricolor you should avoid if you are breeding for show. Still, I would avoid broken x broken personally if you are breeding for pets.

Beyond that, choose a buck based on type first, before color. Tortoise bucks usually have the best type, so I would recommend finding a pretty black tort buck to breed her to. If you want more variety of color, an orange or a black tort with a blue or blue tort parent could give you some various different colors in the litter (bred to a black tort, there will likely be blacks and broken blacks, and depending on what she carries, maybe torts and broken torts too.)

Latest posts

Back