Register

help! stuck kit others won't deliver

Discussion of rabbit shows, news and events and tips about showing your rabbits.
1 year of membership
BunnyBucks: 42.00

help! stuck kit others won't deliver

Post Number:#1  Unread postby lordessashley » Fri May 11, 2018 2:27 pm

I need advise! dutch doe had 1 kit was stuck got it pulled out.. that was on May 9th. took her to vet 6 hours later they did xray showing 3 more kits inside and ultrasound showed 1 living.. they did calcium injections and pitocin and no babies... this morning she had 1 DOA but she still has 2 in there. she continues to push ugh anything I can do to help her??

Site Admin
8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 60,188.00

Re: help! stuck kit others won't deliver

Post Number:#2  Unread postby MaggieJ » Fri May 11, 2018 2:37 pm

So sorry you and your doe are going through this. I can understand how helpless and upsetting this must make you feel.

What does the vet suggest at this point? Surely they are following up with you? If you haven't talked to them since she delivered the DOA this morning, I think you should call them immediately, before they close for the day.

The only thing I know that may help is to feed her lavender buds. They are believed to help expel the contents of the uterus.

The following user would like to thank MaggieJ for this post
michaels4gardens

Site Supporter
4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 9,320.00

Re: help! stuck kit others won't deliver

Post Number:#3  Unread postby michaels4gardens » Sun May 13, 2018 6:55 am

don't know where you live, but-in addition to what Maggie said- I also feed raspberry leaf, and garlic at times like this...
meat-mutt rabbits, a few laying hens.