Help, please? Papaya tablets.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nyctra

Reaction score
Alright, mum brought home some papaya enzyme tablets. Can anyone recommend how much to give my rabbit? She's around the 8-10lb range.
Also, if someone can look this over and lemme know if anything strikes you as a no-no, that'd be great... '>_> I'd hate to accidentally poison her while trying to make her better. :x

Nature's Blend, chewable tablets.
Per 6 tablets:
Papain, 60mg
Papaya Leaves, 10mg
Mycozyme (Aspergillus Oryzae), 10mg
Bromelain, 5mg
Other Ingredients: Sucrose, Maltodextrin, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Sillcon Dioxide, Natural Flavor

There is a rabbitry website (woodlakewoolies) that gives all sorts of scientific info about it, but she recommends giving 4 tablets 2x weekly. Something about how they cant absorb more than that anyway. I do this every week as a preventative, and that combined with hay has made a big difference in my angora herd.

MSD did bring up a while back that the active enzyme in papaya can also be a blood thinner, and not to give it to does that are about to kindle as they could bleed out, and though I think its sound advice, its not something that I do. I've never had issues, but it is something to be mindful of.

Latest posts

Back