HELP PLEASE: Bare spot on Fuzzy Holland Lop

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiny Buns

Reaction score
We have two kits, both fuzzies. NO idea where that came from because there isn't fuzzy in the pedigree--at least according to the breeder. Anyway, anomaly, whatever, we won't repeat that pairing.

So the two does are now 7 weeks old and one of the girls has a serious bald patch at the back of her neck, behind her ears. Her sister has the beginnings of a bald patch in the same place. It isn't red, not flaky, not looking like there are mites or fleas. There was a teensy bit of matting back there but nothing that would account for the size of the bald patch. Could it be overgrooming by mom or sister? We've been gently brushing the girls, when it looks like they need it, with the puppy brush (soft tipped bristles) and it's just in the last few days that one of them is looking quite naked.

I've never had fuzzy anything and don't plan on continuing, but in the meantime, what do I do with this bald necked little girlie?lkl;k;lk.jpg

If there are no mites, flaky or irritated skin, or "walking dandruff" then I would not worry about it. I have a French/English angora doe who is regularly bald in that spot. That is also the spot where my super dense Germans like to mat. In my French/English does case she has very low density and I think the wool is just rubbing out, instead of matting, due to the high friction in that area.

Back