Help!!! Doe, bleeding no kits....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eco2pia

Staff member
Reaction score
Cinnabun was due yesterday, and today I went to check on her. she was laying listly by the door and didn't even raise her haead. she doesn't appear to be in active labor, but there is lots of blood and no kits yet--they are still in there and I can feel little wiggles, but nothing is in the hip part of her birthcanal blocking...I think we are going to lose her!! :cry: I wish there was something I could do!<br /><br />__________ Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:26 am __________<br /><br />she wont take sugar water, it just comes back out of her mouth...she is alert but not responsive. Sigh. This sucks.

I agree with the vet if that is possible.

Calcium sometimes helps. People usually use TUMS, but if you have another form, I'd give it a try. Lavender will also expel the contents of the uterus... Not sure if the kits would be okay or not. But since it is an emergency, I'd try it if you can.

Sure hope she makes it.

nope she is gone. it was fast...or rather it probably was all night while I was sleeping and snow was falling. Damn, there goes that idea. Maybe those mutts were the best plan.

Thanks, guys. I have to get to class, but I'll open her up and try to figure out what went wrong later. sigh.

On an up note, her breeder wants to breed her mother (who had a full pedigree) to Winston, so I think my stud fee just went up to 2 does...

Latest posts

Back