Help! Broken Buck With Pee Stains

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Dutchess

Reaction score
UGH! My Broken Chocolate Polish buck has pee stains all over his belly, hindquarters, even on his cheek. He is on wire and we have no idea what caused this other than maybe peeing while sitting on his hut, or spraying a lot because of my 9 week old buck next to him. There is no divider as my brother has not gotten around to it and doesn't want to show me because ladies aren't supposed to do that kind of stuff. :roll: Men.

Anyway, the fair is the first week of August and aren't pee stains a fault/DQ? Is their anyway to remove them and what do you think is causing the problem so I can prevent it?

Thanks in advance,
The_Dutchess

50/50 vinegar & water, spritz on, wipe off, repeat, repeat, repeat.
Corn starch is supposed to work as well BUT if you're going to try both do the cornstarch first and get it out before trying the vinegar/water.

I had quite the time with the little devil. He tried to bite me 3 times while I clipped his nails. When I was done I put him back to go get the water/vinegar mixture and when I took him out I was holding him in one hand and a piece of licorice meant for myself in the other. Well, I wasn't quite paying attention and the little bugger snatched the licorice out of my hand and started eating it. :lol: Then I put him on the table and just tried to pose him for fun. He, surprisingly, posed great. When I turned around to get the squirt bottle containing the mixture he was posing like a Holland Lop! Head in the air, front feet barely on the table. I spritzed him down and wiped him off over and over again and he thought I was grooming him and he had his eyes half closed the whole time. Most of the stains came off, there's only a little bit on his hindquarters. I wrapped him in a towel, took him inside and snuggled him. He's usually a sweet little boy he just hates mani-pedi's. :lol:
I honestly think he sprayed himself on purpose just to get attention. That would be SO like him. :roll:

Yeah. He's such a character with a personality all his own. That's why I love Polish rabbits. :) Oh and BTW is licorice toxic to them cause like I said he stole mine...

Mix baking soda and water in to a paste, apply, let dry, brush out. In an area of the animal being handled this is best done a few days in advance to let the baking soda flake off if you aren't going to wash the animal afterward. Works great though on white areas of dogs and horses as part of a bath before an event. Better than the whitening shampoos.

Normal modern licorice is just a bunch of sugar, probably corn syrups, and food coloring. Not exactly healthy but nothing harmful. Old style black licorice may have anise, true licorice, or both. I don't think either is harmful. Anise is sometimes used to flavor supplements and powdered diets for feeding soft food to a sick small animal. Anise stars are used in parrot toys. Most people find true licorice or anise disgusting though. As I sit here eating black licorice in dog shapes with anise and licorice extract.

akane":2tw1dh03 said:
Normal modern licorice is just a bunch of sugar, probably corn syrups, and food coloring. Not exactly healthy but nothing harmful.

I don't know if it makes a difference, but modern red vines have wheat flour in them.

I don't know if it makes a difference, but modern red vines have wheat flour in them

Wheat is fine for rabbits in every form I know. Many include it in a pellet free diet. My mix has both hard red and soft white wheat.

Back