Register

Hello from north central Florida

Site News, Announcements, Posting Guidelines and Introductions.
9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 45.00

Hello from north central Florida

Post Number:#1  Unread postby fldman » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:27 pm

Hello, I recently "jumped" into the rabbit world. Originally it was to raise rabbits for meat, but not so sure now (after having to look at them on a daily basis). Thus far the only product I have "harvested" is fertilizer, which seems to be helping. Anyway, someone suggested I read this site as it seems to have a lot of rabbit lovers.

Site Admin
11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 61,414.00

Re: Hello from north central Florida

Post Number:#2  Unread postby MaggieJ » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:01 am

Welcome to RabbitTalk, Fidman! :hi:

We have several other members from Florida. Hope you enjoy the forums.
Sojourning in 1894 . . .

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 846.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby Rae » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:08 am

Welcome Fldman. I'm origionally from your neck of the woods. Just outside of Gainesville.

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 31,400.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby OneAcreFarm » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:20 am

fldman wrote:Hello, I recently "jumped" into the rabbit world. Originally it was to raise rabbits for meat, but not so sure now (after having to look at them on a daily basis). Thus far the only product I have "harvested" is fertilizer, which seems to be helping. Anyway, someone suggested I read this site as it seems to have a lot of rabbit lovers.

Welcome! You will get lots of good information and helpful support here. It IS hard to dispatch and harvest that first rabbit, but the benefits so outweigh the drawbacks...you will get there. It just takes a bit of time. I cried the first time we dispatched ours. It has gotten better, especially when I know that they were treated with love and dispatched humanely.

http://www.oneacrefarmrabbits.com
~A micro-attempt at self-sufficiency~