Hello from NC!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wendy S

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I raised Californians for home meat back in high school. Now that I'm settled in my 30s, I'm planning to get back into raising rabbits. This time around though I want my stock to have good enough confirmation that I can proudly sell some as well. I'm thinking of getting Champagne D'Argents (although I may flip flop and go with Creme D'Argents). I love their history and their coats look so pretty. Anyone tanned Champagnes before? Cannot wait to talk to you all!

I've seen tanned champagne pelts and they are gorgeous. One of my favorite meat breeds (I had champagne dwarfs because I didnt have room for a 6 class breed, just because I love the color. Really fun growth; they start out all black) If you're wanting meat; good type & growth is harder to find on cremes than champagnes. The ARBA accepted a third argent breed recently too; argente brun, the chocolate based one.

Oh, the bruns are so pretty! No idea where I would find one though lol. Thanks for the advice. I'm definitely leaning towards Champagnes. Also, isn't their history amazing? I love the idea of raising the descendants of some 17th century French monk's rabbits. :)

Best of luck,
I also like that breed, -and they performed well when fed "the old way" [without pellets]. Back in those days,... I got a premium price for their pelts, so they were butchered when the pelts reached prime condition and not when they were fryers . -- that program required a lot of individual grow-out cages.

Latest posts

Back