Hello! and baby bunny pics!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Otter

Reaction score
Hi All!
Most of you know me from HT. I've finally settled down on my own little farm and my rabbits are so happy! I was rewarded with these two Fuzzy Lops the day after we got here. They are 5 weeks old now.
Little buck
IMAG0036.jpg

Little doe
IMAG0037.jpg

We are probably keeping them both, and I'm looking for an unrelated Fuzzy buck

Then, DD's lionhead, who was very fat and ill kept when we got her, FINALLY successfully bred and had a litter. Poor thing, she had had a premature litter before this and this was going to be the last try if she failed. She was just going to be an evil little pet. But not only are they LOVELY, but motherhood has seriously mellowed her to the point she's gotten downright sweet.
IMAG0032.jpg

I couldn't believe it when I saw that 2 were magpie harlequin. I hope they have nice manes, the father was double maned, but the people we got Jeanie from said her mane was so matted they cut it off and she's only ever grown back a little tuft. Now DD is pushing to either keep one or get a lionhead buck just for Jeanie (the father isn't ours) but I am not yet convinced.

Glad to be here, and just had to share the bunny cuteness!

Hi, and welcome! Glad to see you here!

(Hopefully you got my email earlier today.)

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Those lops just get cuter by the day and I had to share. I've actually avoided lops in the past because they are so cute and sweet I knew I couldn't eat them. So at least these Fuzzys give me wool to play with after I keep too many bunnies because they're so stinking cute. Now I just need to learn to spin.

But the Lionheads will be for sale. LOL, I think DD wants to see how fast she can fill 5 acres, but I am trying to stand firm! Especially as we have 50 chickens and a pair of geese supposed to be arriving from the hatchery tomorrow!

Anntann, we love the new place. Five acres and a wet weather creek. The house is basically a shell, but very well constructed, they just stopped before doing the interior. We had a huge garden area plowed up which I am steadily filling. Wild blackberries all over and a pear tree -but no partridge! (Go ahead, roll your eyes, I couldn't resist). I am delighted, I have worked on and managed other people's farms for so long, now I get to do my own.
Hopefully I've had enough practice to do it right. My Dad used to say "A smart person learns from their mistakes, a wise person learns from other people's mistakes" LOL, I hope I've learned from both!

Trinity, I replied to your email. Hoo! I'm steamed! Those are YOUR rabbits! Anyway, wrote you a long one.

Back