He wanted to "see my rabbits"

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimitsuKouseki

Reaction score
So, I went to gas after work before getting home. And this guy who parked at the pump next to me starts talking to me o_O. Not sure how I got talk about it, but told him I raised lionhead rabbits. He was acting all interrested asking what was my number and if he could come see em now. I told him not now and only gave him my email. Then he said he sold cars asking if I wanted to change mine and I told him no. I went to pay my gas and when I came back he said he wasnt from the area and would like to follow me home to see my rabbits. I told him no and left....

He was obviously hitting on me, trying to spend more time with me by any means but damn did he feel like a creep. He definetly didn't care about the rabbits.

MaggieJ":2venepl3 said:
You gave him your email !?!? :? :shock: :x
Yeah at first when he asked about the rabbits. It was before he started being oddly/creepilly insistant, but I still had a feeling of "nope I'm not giving him my phone number" but I did give him my email since he "was interrested in the rabbits" blocking him is easy enough if he proves to be an issue.
I've had a stalker in the past, a sushi delivery men who decided to keep my number, would follow me at work and wait hours for me to be done to "give me a lift home" and even barged into my appart without my consent.... I really do not want to go through that again. Goes without saying that this is part of why I'm back to living with my dad now, I feel unsafe living alone and food delivery is out of the question too.

I'm thinking if he emails me about the rabbits I probly should straight up say I have none for sale for a while right?

If he emails you, you should not respond in any way at all, imo. Anything you could say would just keep the dialogue open, which is the last thing you want.

I suppose if he starts spamming you that one terse response to the effect of "stop or I will involve the police" might be an idea, but if you ignore any initial contact he'll probably be bugging someone else before long.

MidnightCoder":rq739qnl said:
If he emails you, you should not respond in any way at all, imo. Anything you could say would just keep the dialogue open, which is the last thing you want.

I suppose if he starts spamming you that one terse response to the effect of "stop or I will involve the police" might be an idea, but if you ignore any initial contact he'll probably be bugging someone else before long.
You're right, I will do that. Besides my email is funky compared to my name japanese vs french, so he'd probly think I gave him a fake email.

If you don't respond, he has no way of knowing his emails are ending up where he wants them to. So yeah, definitely your best course of action. People suck. Sounds like you did everything right to get yourself out of there. :)

MidnightCoder":5yw5vd2u said:
If you don't respond, he has no way of knowing his emails are ending up where he wants them to.

+1, this is certainly what I would do!

I'm glad you trusted your gut on this one Kimitsu...

Random Rabbit":2cgsa40z said:
When your intuition starts saying "Danger !!" ... Listen to it.
He sounds really creepy.
Stay safe !

Yeah um , I got the same feeling just reading her post .... random stranger trying to get you alone .... no thanks.

My wife got her CHL a few years back and I got her a little .40cal that fits nicely in a shoulder holster .... My daughter will get one as soon as she's legal too. I don't need one , I'm big and ugly .... :2guns:

So today he sent me an email; let me translate for you guys. I will translate his weird typos with explanations in (), this is challenging to my brain arg x.x

Hi ,

it's me who you met yesterday at Chuchtar (the gas station is called Couche-Tard not Chuchtar)
we have talked for the rabbits
I don't is not how I be yesterday nice with you or not.. but really me I love rabbits (he means "I don't know how nice I was to you or not yesterday" I think and he used the feminine version of nice)
at the same time I can't hide that I found you beautiful woman :D :D :D :D :D :D ..

Thanks
have a nice day

That was so messy for my brain to translate for you guys x.x
So even if I give him the benefit of the doubt, he reads like an immigrant that's trying to find a visa, I mean a girl, to marry.

Haven't replied to him and I don't intend to.

Good for you!

I know I kind of freaked about you giving him your email address, but it was out of concern for your safety. May I suggest that another time you ask the person for their contact information rather than giving out yours? That way you have time to think over whether or not you want further contact, whether about rabbits or anything else.

MaggieJ":2m214401 said:
Good for you!

I know I kind of freaked about you giving him your email address, but it was out of concern for your safety. May I suggest that another time you ask the person for their contact information rather than giving out yours? That way you have time to think over whether or not you want further contact, whether about rabbits or anything else.
True but then I'd have to poison my phone with useless info I'd have to delete XD
And it's ok no worries, I regretted giving him my email pretty much right after I did :/ but I was glad I didn't give him my phone number.
Also, I made sure he wasnt following the whole time driving home from the gas station basically.
Had he started following me without my consent I'd have turned around and headed for the police station. My father was home, but no need to get him involved or have the stranger know where I live if I can just invite him to visit the cops insted.

MaggieJ":387iuknc said:
You can do it the old-fashioned way with pen and paper! :p
What's paper? What does it eat in winter? Papyrus is more common nowadays don't you think? ^.-
:explanation:

Back