he's sick...again

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

equestrian<3

Reaction score
On sunday, my rabbit had a mild case of diahrreah, anfd got it all over himself. He has it again today. Im really not sure what to do... :x

How old is he, and what are you feeding him? How is he acting? Diarrhea can be caused by a lot of things.

He was acting fine the other day when he had it. But i havent been home to check on him today and i wont be for a while....my mom actually called and told me so i dont know how he is acting now. He is about 9 months old, and i am feeding him the same food i have been feeding him for months now.<br /><br />__________ Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:36 pm __________<br /><br />I got home and it's not really diarrhea, its similar to the cecotropes but it was softer apparently because by the time I found it, it was mushed and stuck all in his fur. I know that sometimes the cecotropes will get smushed if he steps on them, but they don't get stuck to his fur.

You may want to start over with a fresh bag of whatever you are feeding him. Sounds like he's gotten hold of something in the current bag which is giving his stomach a run thru the spin cycle.

And if you can find some right now, get some sycamore leaves. Even dry ones work wonders on this kind of stuff, and in short order.

Are you feeding grass hay? Is this a new bag of feed? Have you changed anything else? I know...lots of questions, but Devon is right. Many different issues show up in the digestive system of rabbits.

I would definitely give hay.

he has plenty of hay. its alfalfa. and no, i haven't gotten a new bag, its a really big bag and he doesn't go through it very fast

Back