Harlequins?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ncrabbit

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I think they are a beautiful rabbit and would like to possibly have one or two as a pet. Would like to learn about themfrom people that own them. Any suggestions or opinions?

I absolutely adore my harlis :love:
but I don't have much experience with the breed yet.

Just one pair of mis-marked adults, and one litter of 9 kits. Every single one would DQ at show.
:lol: They are considered exceptionally hard to work with in that regard, and may possibly produce more unshowable offspring than any other breed. I wouldn't get into them if you did not have a use for all the inevitable incorrectly marked kits.

Hmm..I'd say, so far they are really shining in the temperament, mothering, and easy-to-breed/easy-to-work-with areas. (9 is a good litter size for a 7.5 lb doe too.)

They have been trailing behind the meat mutts in growth rates.
I'm a LONG way for show stock, but so far I'm pleased enough with the ones I have that I'm switching my rabbitry over to just this breed.
I really love the random factor(and the challenge) and I also really enjoy how friendly they all are.

GEDC5066.JPG
GEDC5190.JPG
GEDC5074.JPG

I saw the pics of yours ZASS and loved them. I have no immediate plans to show rabbits and my rabbitry is based solely on Cali's at this point. With that being said they would purely be pets. I have been checking online the past few days and the closest I can find in my area is about 4 hrs away. I will probably wait a bit and research the breed some more but I am definitely intrigued with this breed.

Back