Hardware cloth for flooring??

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randtrabbitry

Reaction score
Ive got an old rusty 8 hole unit that i will have to use tell next spring. My money budge is tight right now. Next spring im building all new cages. So these cages will be a temporary setup to take care of the extra bunny's. I will be using them for growout cages. So can i use hardware cloth on weaning age tell butcher? I know they use them in hutches so i would think its ok in cages. What the pros and cons of using hardware cloth for flooring?

only problem I had with my hardware flooring (1/2 x 1/2") was sagging from lack of support, and eventual breakdown with heavy rabbits. Other than that I love it.

I made my cages out of shelving panels and then laid hardware cloth over the floor. Maybe not cost effective but it solves the weight issue and it helps separate rabbit feet from sliding pans for my homemade cages that sit on the floor. My purchased cage I have to lift the front a little before sliding the pan out or the rabbits get pinched. Today we found the panels used for utility shelving units are actually much cheaper than the ones for stand alone or wall attached shelving but the hardware store did not have them over 28" without coming in a several $100 kit that included all the supports. I'm looking in to what I can get and what price before I build the cages and move the rabbits off my porch.

I have used it.it doesnt last as long as the welded wire.sometimes you use what you have.

Alright thanks i was thinking it would be ok to use but i was not sure so i had to ask. As long as the floor holds up for around 6 months i should be fine.

Latest posts

Back