Register

hard to find pedigreed/purebred commercial breed rabbits

Site News, Announcements, Posting Guidelines and Introductions.
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 40.00

hard to find pedigreed/purebred commercial breed rabbits

Post Number:#1  Unread postby Corrina35 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:01 am

hello, my Name is Corrina and I live in Mission b.c. Canada. is there anyone else here from western Canada, specifically the lower mainland/Fraser valley area? my query is thus: it is seeming difficult for me to find arba registered breeders of commercial breed rabbits so called "meat rabbits" / or even pure bred large breed rabbits in my area. lots of unregistered backyard breeders with mixed breed/crossbred/hybrid or mongrel rabbits for sale either that or neutered pets or dwarfs for sale. but not what I want. I am looking for purebred breeding stock of new Zealand, champagne d'argent, Californian, American, sable, standard chinchilla, beveren etc. basically any large commercial breed in the 8 to 12lb range. lol people keep trying to sell me dwarf rabbits or giant rabbits instead. Flemish I find rather big to handle I'm only five foot one. the breed I want most of all are Californian or champagne d'argent. maybe in the spring/summer I will be able to find more breeders. I currently own a Californian/champagne d'argent crossbreed, and a nz/American cross. plan to mate them april 1st. also have a pair of mini rex's for pets. the female mini rex is pregnant due feb. 16th. looking to expand but want better stock than what I currently have. was going to buy more from a craigslist guy, but backed out because I didn't like the look of that rabbitry. its not that I'm picky but I expect healthy decent rabbits. his rabbits looked a lot older than what he said they were; I was suspicious. he also had rabbits he called "Californians" and even I could tell they were actually Himalayans! pretty sad. and then he couldn't even tell bucks from does I had to show him. and a bunch of things like that so I left, lol. been asking around thru word of mouth trying to find good breeders in my area; I don't want to ship bunnies to my self would rather pick them up directly. it has been frustrating to say the least. maybe someone on here could recommend somebody?! I would appreciate this very much.

Site Supporter
8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 32,531.00

Re: hard to find pedigreed/purebred commercial breed rabbits

Post Number:#2  Unread postby Dood » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:40 am