Happy St. Patrick's Day... from green bunny lips!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss M

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
The bull thistles are big and lush, and starting to send up flowers. :p They're mean, but they are a favorite treat of the bunnies, so we brave all the seriously overkill spikes to serve them up to the buns!

The kids just finished distributing some, and here's Pharaoh, munching away on his:

greenbunnylips2.jpg

When he took a break from noshing, Galadriel saw that his lips had turned green! (sorry for the grainy pic... it didn't show up on the flash pictures as well, so I did without)

greenbunnylips1.jpg

Happy St. Patrick's Day! :clover:

I've always been nervous about feeding thistles, but seeing how your bunnies enjoy them, I'm going to have to rethink that. A pair of long-handled loppers and tongs would make handling them easier. :)

Oh, they go crazy for them! :p Ours is Cirsium vulgare, also known as "spear thistle", for obvious reasons. They should probably be reclassified as cactus. :shock:

Even babies will eat them. I remember watching a three-week-old trying to figure out how to approach it. It kept poking him in the cheek, and he would flinch, but he finally figured out how to bite back!

The green lips just got me, though. :lol:

the reluctant farmer":3664jjbx said:
Hmmph,so it appears boys of every species are prone to grass stains...

:lol:

Happy St. Patrick's Day, everybunny!

Looks like Miss M's crew got an early start to the festivities! :D

My rabbits love thistles as well. Just a pain getting them to 'em. :) But they love 'em fresh or slightly wilted, but don't care for 'em dried.

Back