Register

Happy Holidays, RT is a year old! and Site Updates!

Site News, Announcements, Posting Guidelines and Introductions.
Site Admin
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Canada Male
BunnyBucks: 2,179.00

Happy Holidays, RT is a year old! and Site Updates!

Post Number:#1  Unread postby MidnightCoder » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:29 pm

Hi everybody,

Firstly, I'd like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, or other holidays you may be celebrating. RabbitTalk is celebrating its first birthday as well, and I've added some new features to celebrate it.

We now have a new ebooks section on the site, where RabbitTalk members can download rabbit related materials free of charge. There is a small catch though. We decided to host and maintain these files for the community as a reward for your participation on the site. Instead of a boring old post count restriction, we have implemented something called BunnyBucks, and every time you make a post, or a new topic, or add an attachment, you'll receive a few BunnyBucks. This forum currency is currently only useful for downloading the ebooks, but we have some ideas for more ways to use it in future.

Basically, make a post, download a book. I know nobody here will have trouble with that, we're at nearly 18,000 posts in our first year! :P

BunnyBucks are not real money. They cannot be bought or sold for money, and they have absolutely no cash value. BunnyBucks are just for fun.

I'm sure MaggieJ will post some more info about the ebooks we currently offer. I will say they are all in the public domain, and they can be downloaded and shared legally. We intend to expand our library from time to time, and if anyone has material they would like to submit, please email me at support@midnightcoder.ca with the document, and information about its copyright or license terms. We will only host files in the ebooks section which are free to redistribute and use by anyone.

There will be a few more features coming soon. I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, congrats on making this such a great community over the last year, and thanks for helping us grow! :D

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 2,325.00

Re: Happy Holidays, RT is a year old! and Site Updates!

Post Number:#2  Unread postby PulpFaction » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:55 pm

Ah ha! I was wondering about those bunny bucks....
Rachel
Thriantas and Silver Fox in Anchorage, AK
http://www.haikuheritage.weebly.com <-- NEW WEBSITE!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Haiku-Heritage/180319155321429 <-- JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK!

BunnyBucks: 65.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby ShadedNightRabbitry » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:01 pm

Teehee. =3

Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 33,381.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby ladysown » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:19 pm

well now, that's rather intriguing. Very interesting idea that. :)

__________Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:19 pm ___________

what is that donate button that shows up under the cash on hand button for other people? Can one donate bunny bucks to another site member???
ladysown

http://athomepets.weebly.com/
Primary Blog : http://athomepets.weebly.com/at-home-pets-blog.html
Old Blog: blogs/athomepets/

Site Supporter
Canada
BunnyBucks: 2,684.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby Truckinguy » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:33 pm

Congratulations on the one year anniversary of the site. Good job to the creators and moderators. This is a very comfortable site with great people.

__________Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:31 pm ___________

__________Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:33 pm ___________

Do we get retroactive Bunnybucks for our activity since we joined?

Site Admin
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 58,318.00

Post Number:#6  Unread postby MaggieJ » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:35 pm

[quote="ladysown"What is that donate button that shows up under the cash on hand button for other people? Can one donate bunny bucks to another site member???[/quote]

No, the donate button is for people who wish to donate real money to RabbitTalk, to help us offset the costs associated with keeping the site online and also to help us add new features. It is entirely voluntary, but donations, even small ones, are much appreciated. :)

Site Admin
Canada Male

Post Number:#7  Unread postby MidnightCoder » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:38 pm

ladysown, that function shouldn't have shown up at all. It's been disabled for the time being.

Truckinguy, points won't be retroactive. I just don't have the time to manually set 300 people's points. It's a new feature and a new year, that will have to suffice.

MaggieJ, you made a mistake. She was referring to the link under the BunnyBucks value in threads, which I've since disabled (again, dunno how it showed up again :shock: )

Site Admin
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 58,318.00

Post Number:#8  Unread postby MaggieJ » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:59 pm

Oops! :oops: I misunderstood! Blame it on that last glass of wine!

Site Admin
Canada Male

Post Number:#9  Unread postby MidnightCoder » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:08 pm

Oh, one other detail for anyone who's wondering. The little gold star you see beside some peoples' names means they've been registered for a full year. This time next year, it will increment to two stars, etc. It has no other function or significance other than a bit of recognition that you've been a member here for at least a year. :)

BunnyBucks: 1,679.00

Post Number:#10  Unread postby Farm Girl » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:35 pm

OOh this looks like fun :D BunnyBucks!!
I can't wait to download 1 of the ebooks.
So did the site officially start on the 16th?
Farm Girl

Site Admin
Canada Male

Post Number:#11  Unread postby MidnightCoder » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:02 pm

If I remember right, we opened to the public on Christmas Eve of last year. The board was installed on the 16th, but it took some time for me to get everything ready.

Let me know how the downloading goes? I tested it myself a bit, but more feedback is always better. :)

Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 33,381.00

Post Number:#12  Unread postby ladysown » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:18 pm

whoa....that's gotta be one of the fastest downloads I've ever encountered! I did hints for successful rabbit breeding.
ladysown

http://athomepets.weebly.com/
Primary Blog : http://athomepets.weebly.com/at-home-pets-blog.html
Old Blog: blogs/athomepets/

BunnyBucks: 1,605.00

Post Number:#13  Unread postby pastelsummer » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:26 pm

sweet i cant wait until i can get some downloaded!!! Thanks!!!
Elizabeth
wife of g 9/06
mamma to
Sissy 6/07
Bubba 3/09
Princess 9/11
Living at
The Ranch
writing about our life in
my blog
my poetry

United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 56,220.00

Post Number:#14  Unread postby Miss M » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:43 am

Neato! Thanks, MC!!! I'll have to check out the ebooks tomorrow! Thank you for putting this place together for us, it's just wonderful! :)
Sithrah Farm - http://sithrahfarm.com/

We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
- James Madison

BunnyBucks: 1,679.00

Post Number:#15  Unread postby Farm Girl » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:50 am

I downloaded a couple and they worked great.
It looks like there is a lot of good ones.
Farm Girl

Next