happy canadian thanksgiving weekend all

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
the title says it all.

Do enjoy all the bounties that you are blessed with.

Enjoy your family, your bunnies, your life...

Happy CANADIAN thanksgiving :)

Yes, Yes,
Have a very HAPPY Thanksgiving celebration!
I hope the Day brought all the festivity
you could handle.
Dennis, C.V.R.

mmmm....

well yesterday we did roast beef, taters, corn, peas and jello salad with pie.

today we're doing turkey, squash, rice and pie.

Some years we've done ham.

My family is flexible, many ONLY do turkey.

Happy Thanksgiving, Everybunny!

billylilwigeon":goxfrj8a said:
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving.

Out of curiosity, what are the traditional foods consumed on your celebratory day?

Traditionally in my family it has been turkey but sometimes when I was growing up we had a game dinner: partridge, pheasant, duck, rabbit. But a very typical menu would be turkey, herb stuffing, mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy, cranberry sauce, glazed sweet potatoes and a green vegetable of some sort. Dessert was typically apple pie with either ice cream or old cheddar. Many families had pumpkin pie but my Dad didn't like it, so we generally had apple.

Canadian Thanksgiving is sort of a combination of the American tradition (brought across the border by the United Empire Loyalists after the War of Independence) mixed with the traditional harvest festivals of England. Kind of nice, since many Canadians have the roots of their family trees in both cultures. :)

Christmas dinner was not so different, but dessert would be a choice of plum pudding with brandy sauce, mincemeat pie or tarts, various Christmas cookies, squares and other goodies, a light jellied fruit dessert for those who couldn't face another heavy dish. I don't know why there were so many sweets, except that Grandma brought the dessert and she had a sweet tooth. :roll:

Latest posts

Back