Happenings...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
digging in compost... and it's not even the end of march!

I'm starting to get my gardens ready for spring. Ain't it wonderful? :)

and I removed the extra tarp from over the new rabbit tent. So much lighter and not so hot in there.

Sold almost $300 worth of bunnies on Wednesday.

Went to the doctor and I'm now on two meds with an appointment to get a scope stuck down my throat. Hubby is back to work full time and even though it takes him longer to do his work, he's happy to be back at it.

I have a happy boy digging in mud.

Life is pretty good I think. :)

yeah it was kinda funny overall.

people came JUST TO LOOK. they want to eventually get into breeding and showing rabbits.
Told them I cannot guarantee at this point what they'll get, but that they should get something they can show as juniors. They were ONLY going to look at does and had been at another breeders as well.

they talked and talked, and hemmed and hawed. Left paying for FOUR bunnies and will be back at the end of the month to pick them up.

The others went to a pet stock lady. That's all she does is breed for the pet market and does so without mistreating or overusing her stock. She takes ALL my does that I no longer want unless there is something odd about them and will sometimes even take them then. She very happily took nasty Nellie and her litter of unimpressive kits, and asked what else would I let her take... so off went Curly and three kits, and someone else as well that I can't recall right now. I do full disclosure when I sell bunnies so there are NO surprises, letting people know what my does personalities are so they aren't surprised when they kindle, or by what they produce. Some of them are better than others for sure. :) and others are just dollies that I don't want to let go but must if I'm meet my eventual goal of producing the best blue and chocolate tri mini-rex around here. It's a goal... and hopefully I'll meet it. :)

Back