half caper farm - fibre goats???

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a wild goose chase? :twisted:

You might have to breed your own, as "Pygora" is not a recognized breed, but a cross between a Pygmy (buck) and an Angora (doe). You could go to clrc.ca and look under Canadian Goat Society - you can do a search by breed and province to find breeders. There are maybe 8 or 10 Angora breeders in Ontario that I saw listed. I honestly don't know anybody that raises them. Now, if you wanted a dairy goat . . . :D

ok - cool thanks
I'd even consider a rescue goat (2) as bush eaters for a specific laneway at our place ...
ideally small goats as hubby isn't used to goats yet

Anyone know of the restrictions on bringing goats into Canada from the US? :D We have quite a few farms down her that have pygoras. Fiber is finer than on an angora goat, and they're about 1/2 size. I mean....if I'm bringing up a trailer for the PAAAAARRRR-TTEEEEE!!.....;)

now all i have to do is convince maggie she wants to board goats over winter not just chickens - or convince hubby to retire to county next sept and I'm set :)

Brody":2nhz4dtp said:
ok - cool thanks
I'd even consider a rescue goat (2) as bush eaters for a specific laneway at our place ...
ideally small goats as hubby isn't used to goats yet

I've got a couple of little BoerX boys that could do with a good home. One is wethered and was a bottle baby. The other is still a buckling, but teeny-tiny and isn't ever going to get very big. Both very gentle and friendly. Hmmmm? :mrgreen:

BAD bad enabling people here ....
:)
I don't have facilities for now - I'm looking towards next summer for this - I just plan ahead ;) they sound lovely and like they'd eat bush just fine ;)

Actually, I'm hoping The Sprog goes home with a couple who have their Nigerian Dwarf does here for breeding. He's a bit of a special needs goat - foundered when I fed him grain, because I felt sorry for him being so small. Then he got pushed into a water bucket by the other goats and couldn't get out. I was at a rabbit show all day, so no idea how long he'd been in there, but his temperature was 32C. :cry: He's survived all that, so I think he deserves a good home.

The wether, Raphael, was the runt of triplets and bottlefed. Healthy, but never going to get too big. Just as well, his older brother, Gabriel, is about 36" at the shoulder and probably about 180 lbs! Different sire. I'm very fond of him, but I now have four wethers and I really don't need that many useless pets! :roll:

ohhh they sounds wonderful :)

Good thing I'm not quite ready - I'm a sucker for an underdog (just ask franklin!!)

how do you harvest the fiber HC? sil was just about drooling when i told her about a angora bunny that wanted to come and live with us! want to get a couple of milking goats for lamb suppliment (as well as other
tasks!) we still have our sheep milking set up and could milk a few goats!

steveont":33w3z678 said:
how do you harvest the fiber HC? sil was just about drooling when i told her about a angora bunny that wanted to come and live with us! want to get a couple of milking goats for lamb suppliment (as well as other
tasks!) we still have our sheep milking set up and could milk a few goats!

I don't have fiber goats. And you probably don't want to know how I 'sheared' my one woolly sheep this past summer. :roll: Just dairy and meat goats. I should have a few grade milkers for sale in the spring, though! :)

Latest posts

Back