guess the bunneh

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lowstorm

Reaction score
So. Pic number one. Guess what I am! Other than freakishly adorable. I am a boy. Dob 3-23-2017. Pic taken 4-11-2017 so about 3 weeks old. And this first pic is my normal stance. And yes my ears are kinda curly.
0412170824c_zpsfztqjqah.jpg

Pic number two. Awwww.

0412170825a_zpspncksphf.jpg

Last bit not least. Make your guess yet? Honest guesses first.

I am a runt meat mutt. Half Flemish, half champagne d'argent. This is the sibling from the same litter.

0412170824b_zps7jzcwvel.jpg

-- Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:28 pm --

Lol so past the fun part. What the heck?!?! Seriously small bun. It was first out of the nest box. By a week. It's already nibbling on foods. How can a runt look so much like a dwarf? It's body shape is so strange. And will he live when weaned?

I've found that sometimes the first out of the box, when small, are because they are hungry. They go out in search of mom, or stay latched on because they are still trying to feed and come out of the box with mom.
How big was the litter?

Litter of 8 with two does feeding them. The champ's litter died, and she took over helping with the flemish's litter. So yeah, they are never underfed. If anything they're a bit beyond normal size. They're about 3/4ths the size of my litters that are 5 weeks older than them. A few days after this one started popping out of the box, another one followed it. I kept putting them back in, and they kept on coming out. Its belly is just as full as the others.

It is really shaped different though, and moves different. The normal buns do normal hops and walking. This little thing, well, kinda looks bunched up compared to them. Like the area between its front legs and back legs are a bit shorter. I hope that makes sense. When I first saw it wandering around I thought 'how the heck did a dwarf get in here?!?!' The meat mutts and the parents all move way more smoothly. The others from this litter do too. If this was a horse forum, I'd say it moves more like a shetland, and the others are more like arabians. Its just more compact, square, and bunched.

check to see if the spine is curved way under, it may be a deformation more so than a size thing? I had one 'runt' that had almost a 'U' shaped spine. Almost as if the hips had fused in some way. It was a cute little thing but didn't last past about eight weeks old.

curved as a U or an upside-down U? Its not a U shape at all. And I don't think its curved the other way. I'll do a better feel of it though. As you can see it CAN stretch out, it just doesn't normally. Could be a hip issue though. I'm so darn attached to this little guy! He's so freaking adorable. He was standing on the other buns this morning, being so cute.

-- Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:23 am --

Well, he's made it to 5 weeks. I left him in the colony with the adults when I pulled all the rest out. But he's not nursing, either anymore. I figured a bit more time with his momma's won't hurt anything.

He's grown a tiny bit, but not much. There's such a size difference that he simply can't be in with all the other 5 week olds, who are also in with the 10 week olds. (Sadly the 5 week olds are only about a half pound in size behind the 10 week-ers... The whole 'two moms fed us' thing put them so far ahead!!)

He injured his leg somehow last week. Not broken and he's starting to use it more. Was an 'iffy' situation for a bit. He'll likely be coming inside in two weeks. The boyfriend's decision, not mine lol. <br /><br /> -- Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:25 am -- <br /><br /> Oh! And the newest litter is in from the purebred champagnes. There's... 2 runts in that litter. I mean, seriously. WTF!!!!! I hope they grow to size. Otherwise, I'm thinking its the buck. Both does having runts, and they're both HUGE does. The buck is a nice size too.

Latest posts

Back