Grow out pen from 10x10 ft Patio Canopy Gazebo

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeannie

Reaction score
Hubby is fabulous with his ideas! He built this grow out pen with a used canopy gazebo. Along the back is an "apartment" for another doe and kits.

Attachments

• harvey apartment.jpg
    harvey apartment.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 2,275
  • nz1.jpg
    nz1.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 2,275
Nice! I used a 10X10 gazebo as well for my growout colony. I would suggest some stronger wire for the outside though. Chicken wire is to easy for them to chew out of and for predators to get through.

That looks terrific! I agree with the sage Sagebrush :p, you might want to add a layer of stronger wire, at least across the bottom three feet or so.

Sagebrush":3r2b536q said:
Nice! I used a 10X10 gazebo as well for my growout colony. I would suggest some stronger wire for the outside though. Chicken wire is to easy for them to chew out of and for predators to get through.
They don't seem interested in the wire - yet. But good advice! I have some heavy wire somewhere around here to add onto the bottom.

I keep looking wistfully at your guy's growout colonies. I really miss mine :cry:
I'll be trying some on a natural diet and expect to see a longer growout.
I'd really like to arrange a colony pen for the kits again, but wouldn't allow them contact with dirt. I have no concrete floor to use.

*rolling ideas around..*

What I have used for the floor of mine is 12"x12" patio pavers. I leave a small gap in between each so that I can get the urine to drain down the cracks. The gaps are less than 1/8" thick. It is also surrounded by 2 different dog play pens stretched out to be used as both a fence and a gate. Rabbit wire along the inside framework of the fence to keep the kits in.

From the front before the straw was put down again.Rabbitry (800x559).jpg

Latest posts

Back