Grow out pen for rabbits out of recycled pallet crate

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Hotel

Reaction score
I've been looking for a better grow out pen option for my bunnies. I found this pallet crate on the dump where I work and put it to good use. I'm really pretty stoked about the result.

dsc00823.jpg

Crud. Can't get the pic to post.

More details about the build on the blog.

http://www.tinyhomesteaders.com

That is awesome!

I'm going to copy it as soon as I can pick up some crates.

I have another chicken coop to make and I am doing an old west theme so I am going to use a piece of plywood on the front and make it look western.

I also need to make a grow out pen for buns. Thank you so much for sharing your build, great job!

I have been toying with the idea of building a grow out pen out of old crates but wasn't sure how to go about it.

Thanks for the link to your blog, I'll be going back there for inspiration.

Glad you like it. I'm not a builder by any means. Utilizing pallet structures takes the guess work out of it for me.

The cool thing about pallet structures is that over time, they really do look rustic/cool.

Great job! It's nice for the little guys to be able to romp a bit before camp day. :)

We don't have trash pickup here- we have to take it to the local transfer station. It is known as the (insert town name here) Mall! The attendant even takes requests for items- if you want something he will put the item aside for you to pick up nest time you make a trash run! :p

Gotta love country folk! :cowboy:

I actually use it as a second income. I sell most of it on eBay/craigslist. The guy at the gate does the same thing with taking requests, but you have to bring him beer. ;)

Very nice!!

I have been collecting a pallet here and there over the last few months. You are exactly right; they aren't made the same, and around here, EVERYBODY seems to want the nice ones. Lots of pallet sheds and projects going on now that lumber prices are so high :(

Mike Hotel":51q1xx4h said:
The guy at the gate does the same thing with taking requests, but you have to bring him beer. ;)

Well, of course.

There are usually a few locals there drinking beer with him. :beer2: Taking the trash to the "Mall" is an important social event here.

Plus, he knows all the local news, so it is informative as well. :p

hahaha.....we have a lady who stops by every saturday and looks through stuff I've put aside. Some people ask me how I can stand working there because it smells. I've broken my nose enough times to that I don't smell much! ;)

As the self-proclaimed Queen of Repurposing, I give that pen my seal of approval!

I love going to our local "Malls". Hubby always asks me if I see anything I can make something out of. Luckily for me, he works at a home improvement store, so we all well stocked on pallets, wood tidbits, and odds and ends. Lots of projects in my head :)

Latest posts

Back