Grooming Video

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skysthelimit

Reaction score
Me grooming a jr buck French Angora.

Sometimes I clip jr coats, sometimes I leave them on, it depends on the texture of the fiber.The other jrs blew their coats, this one didn't and I wanted to see how long it would last.

This is a vacuum blower, so it's louder than an animal blower. I like to cover the buns ears.

I really need a lazy susan.

And I didn't realise the music would be so loud. I will keep that in mind next time.

First I blow the neps to the end. I'm using my fiber hand carders because I can't find the brush, I bet the dogs ate it.

It looks like I'm snatching hard, but really I'm just getting the tips, except for the rear where I catch a bit more.

Got the neps off the tips, blow out again for good measure.

So I just got some woollies.. Do I need a certain brush? They're just mini jerseys. Or will a hair comb suffice? Like I said, they're small and I plan on clipping them soon.

I have a buck I'm considering showing, but he's 4 years old and it looks like he's stained in a lot of spots. Should I just forget it and clip him?

Also, do you brush daily?

Thanks. I haven't done any research yet so sorry if these are glaringly simple :)

I don't brush my Jersey Woolies unless they have mats or neps. You can use a cat brush, since I can't find mine, I've been using my hand carders on them as well.

The JW are blown out, just like the Angoras, except I really have to hold them, I've blow one to two off the table once or twice.

Neither the French Angora nor the Jersey Wooly require daily grooming. Actually that will cause the coat to shed even more. I groom the woolies even less than the Angoras, they molt maybe twice a year. I blow them out only before shows or during the molt, other times when I am handlign them, I just finger pick the coat.

If the buck is really stained, I would clip that whole coat now, and he will be ready for fall/winter shows.

skysthelimit":1pi2z0f5 said:
I don't brush my Jersey Woolies unless they have mats or neps. You can use a cat brush, since I can't find mine, I've been using my hand carders on them as well.

The JW are blown out, just like the Angoras, except I really have to hold them, I've blow one to two off the table once or twice.

Neither the French Angora nor the Jersey Wooly require daily grooming. Actually that will cause the coat to shed even more. I groom the woolies even less than the Angoras, they molt maybe twice a year. I blow them out only before shows or during the molt, other times when I am handlign them, I just finger pick the coat.

If the buck is really stained, I would clip that whole coat now, and he will be ready for fall/winter shows.

Thank you! So blowing means using the hair dryer / blower, right?

So I've talked to the breeder I got him from and he's too old really to compete in shows. So I'm not worried about it.

The breeder that I got him from says she brushes once a week. Since I'm not showing this guy, and don't care much about his coat quality would this be fine? I don't want to deal with mats and stuff. But it's nice to know that they're far less upkeep than I thought.

A hair dryer is generally not powerful enough to blow out mats, but it's ok for regular grooming.

You could blow once a week, or probably less than that, I do, and i am actively raising for show. More like once every 2 weeks. <br /><br /> __________ Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:34 am __________ <br /><br />
Stephanie":1b07u6hw said:
That's a beautiful bun. But, I swear it looks just like a huge tribble, with ears. ;)

you should see the English with fur covered faces.

Latest posts

Back