Grooming the "Skirt" Part of a Coat

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm hoping someone with wool rabbits will offer some suggestions. Pretty Please...

I'm still in the very beginning stages of working with Jersey Woolies... Oh . My . Gosh . They are so cute !! and easy to handle ! I'm really enjoying them.

When most went thru a massive molt this fall (picture woolie wool Everywhere !! :) ) they were easily plucked over the back and sides... easy peasy... However..... the bottom edge of the coat... "fringe" ? or "skirt" ? is not molting completely... just about every day they are glumps of wool dragging behind the various rabbits... I comb and it will seem to be all ok... then the Next morning...it's Baaack....

Please offer suggestions !!!!!!!! I'm at my wits ends.. :p

I really need to start a line of non molting JW, they are worse than the Angoras. I have recently, taken to shearing my Woolies like I do the FA. Are they jrs? If you have 5 mos to grow it out, you can clip it, if not, blow it out twice a week.

It's a wooly thing. That is always the last part to come out, even pulling forcibly I can't get it out. They get more blowing time than anything else. It makes me want to scream, as they are supposed to be more manageable than a full sized angora, but I'm not seeing that.

I did Cici an hour ago. She was not happy at all. Twitching and jerking, but I waited too long for the prime, and I was determined to get this wool off of her. I have a small bag with her name on it for spinning. After all that, being held upside down, I gave her a kiss, put her in with a buck and she allowed herself to be bred! I really thought she would refuse after being "abused" by me.

Back