Grinders

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
I am looking to get a grinder that will do WHOLE animals.. up to about 3 lbs.

What do you do with grinders.. they all seem to have these small openings at the top.
Can you find grinders that don't have that?

Or how do you work around that. I don't want to have to be piecemeal rabbits or guinea pigs up.

I can deal with small holes for doing up baby gp's or mice or newborn buns.. but how do the 1-3 lb stock?

Help?

thanks

looking at this one since it's currently on sale. http://www.tscstores.com/135HP-ELECTRIC ... ASXsdddWSo

That's the model I have used for 3 years :)

I cut the dressed rabbit into 1 to 2 inch chunks, use the largest grind and it has gone through the bones for rabbits ranging in weight of 3 to 10 pounds ;) I also cut into chunks the chickens, turkeys, ducks, offals, and anything else I need to grind up for my pups.

I dont even think with the big commercial grinders you can chuck in a whole animal.

From the original post, it would seem like you're looking for a buffalo chopper type appliance.
Think industrial grade food processor.
It will cut young bones that haven't fully hardened, but fully calcified bones, no.
You really will have a hard time with the bones, unless you have a crusher of some sort to deal with the bones.
If it's ground meat you seek, watch for restaurant auctions and pick up a heavy duty grinder in the 3 to 5 hp range.
I have two. A hand crank counter top model, and an industrial type.
I use the hand crank for making sausage and fine burger, while the big one handles the majority of the work taking meat and turning it into ground.
Grinding bones is altogether a different thing.
You're looking for something that chops, not grinds.

okay so this should do the trick as long as I clean 'em first and cut into bits... hmm.. think it would do a head? heads can be tough.

I can't bring myself to cut the heads into small enough bits do I feed them whole :)

But if i were to add the heads I'd definitely remove the teeth

Back