Register

**graphic pics** Bears are a Rabbit Breeders worst nightmare

A place to vent about what's bugging you. Please keep it civil.
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 2,637.00

Re: **graphic pics** Bears are a Rabbit Breeders worst night

Post Number:#16  Unread postby Deer Heart » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:59 pm

the reluctant farmer wrote:Sali, I am so sorry. My sister had a bear break into her barn years ago and start slaughtering calves. It was a nightmare. It did come back, but in their state the game wardens were allowed to shoot if it did. Might be time to borrow a pit bull until you move...

Pitbulls are just as bad as bears :lol: I haven't met one once that could ignore the "terrier" instinct to decimate my chicken coop (about 3 for 3 now...)

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 2,032.00

Post Number:#17  Unread postby imajpm » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:35 pm

Oh no! How awful. We had a bear sniffing around last year. Luckily I had just moved all my rabbits back into the barn. Here, Fish and Game will declare a livestock killing bear a "nuisance bear" and give permission to shoot it. Then they come retrieve the body. Not something I want to do though so this is very good to know. I'll keep them in the barn although from the looks of your cages, aluminum siding won't be much of a deterrent. Poor bunnies :(

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 110.00

Post Number:#18  Unread postby Lain » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:04 pm

Oh noo! I am so very sorry! What a horrible thing to find! I know Blackbears are a huge problem where I live, I have watched a yearling go through my yard (In broad daylight)and take down my bird feeder! I have fox and coyote too but I think the Bears bother me the most! I know anymore I fear for my dogs- they are small and a bear would have no issue at all getting to them in the fenced in area.
This makes me rethink even getting chickens or putting Odysseus outside at all, even on nice days.

I am again so sorry for your loss and having to see your buns in such a terrible state :(
Let your heart guide you, it whispers, so listen closely.

Previous