grand champion legs

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBA

Reaction score
Does anyone here have any grand champions?
One of our mini lops has one leg, another one has two legs. Although I am planning on joining, I haven't joined ARBA yet. I know the rabbit has to be registered with the ARBA to get a GC certificate, but, if I wasn't a member of ARBA when the legs were won, do they still count?
Next, let's say my broken buck wins another leg and I register him, and get his GC certificate, what does that mean?
I mean, sure, its a certificate to frame and hang on the wall, so it becomes a source of pride, but, aside from that and the initials GC in front of his name on a pedigree, does it really mean anything?
If selling any show quality rabbits that he sires, are they more valuable because their sire is a grand champion?

You will still get legs in the mail. As for GC them, I don't worry about it. IMO, as long as you're reputable, I don't think that registering and GCin them makes them any more valuable. I only ever GCed one rabbit and that is becaue she is my favorite.

By the way, have you gotten anything from the golden prairie show in lafayette yet? Been three weeks now, I haven't received anything yet.

Ok, yeah, I got ours also from the specialty, just haven't received anything from the regular show yet.

You got a leg on Sonny there. In the regular show, not the specialty show. He placed first Jr broken buck.

I'd have to say the opposite. Registering and granding them does make the rabbit and offspring more valuable. I can sell pedigreed, registered, rabbits with legs, granded, or offspring of registered/granded at a higher price than those with nothing notable on the pedigree. Although it's best to buy a rabbit and not buy a pedigree, knowing there are those type of rabbits in the background stacks the genetic deck (most of the time). There are always exceptions because rabbits do no always breed true, especially in certain breeds. But one of the things that makes me a reputable breeder, in show circles, is that I have rabbits that have actually done something on the table.

Back