GOOD NEWS!!! :D :D

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButtonsPalace

Reaction score
After all the trial and error it seems I may finally be in the beginning's of a successful operation! I have found someone else in my county who is willing to process my rabbits and sell the meat in trade of PEDIGREED rabbits!! and cages!! I was like What?! *I guess I don't expect much from people* So in trade of the three meat mutts I have I'm getting a new cage! I have another 3 meat mutts I'm going to give her as well once they hit age and I'll probably trade them for another cage as well. Then I'll trade for two rabbits ( Creme D'Argent!!!) So pretty! I'm so excited I was so happy when I got a reply to my e-mail!

Also an update on our squirrel: She appears to have ate some of the scratch I gave her and she's really enjoying the hay I put in the bottom of the trashcan for her. Every time I add some more she climbs to the softer parts. Her leg is obviously broken and she is sleeping a lot. I figure that means she's healing, she also drank some earlier.. Does anyone know if holistic remedies for rabbits work for squirrels? I'd like to help reduce her pain but I doubt she'll take Ibuprofen on her own volition...

Great new, Buttons! Sounds like you're moving in the right direction. :)

Regarding the squirrel, can you tell where the leg is broken? Is it a simple fracture or does the bone protrude, indicating a compound fracture? I'd offer it some willow. It may not use it, but I would think it might be as effective and safe for a squirrel as for a rabbit. Scratch is fine, but it might be a good idea to give it more variety if it is going to be with you for awhile. I'm not knowledgeable about what constitutes a good balanced diet for squirrels, but it should be easy to google it.

Be aware that it may not be legal to keep a wild squirrel. You might be best to see if you can find a wildlife rehab centre that will take and care for her. :good-luck:

I don't think they plan to keep her. Just rehab... I will look into those laws. And as far as how bad the break is no clue. She's obviously moving the leg because sometimes it's stretched out behind her and sometimes it's under her. She's also moving around in her hay much more than on the bottom of the trash can. I will give her some willow tomorrow seeing it's somehow 12:04 even though I wanted to go to bed over an hour ago haha. Well we'll see how she's doing in the morning and I'll bring her in some willow :) I'll look into the laws and see about a rehab if it's illegal.

Back