Gonna start drinking....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
the MIL called today. Her flight arrives tomorrow night at 6:30. isn't that nice?

WHAT FLIGHT? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

oh BUGGER! Completely forgot about it. Wedding up North. My house is a TOTAL disaster. The dog is dying (probably..might just be really sick and manage to recover, but still) There are rabbits and chickens everywhere (spare room, porch, upstairs bath) and my vacuum died. And the oven has decided it won't work.

well. golly. Suck it up and just ... well... "we who are about to die, salute thee". It's gonna be a LONG week.

I think I'd feel like drinking too! :buds: And I don't think I would be pondering on whether the glass is half full or half empty.

Take three deep breaths and remember that you and your house don't have to be perfect. You have a lot on your plate with the dog, the time of year etc., the critters... and the appliances conking out only makes it worse. But the appliances also give you alibis for dusty floors and ordering pizza instead of cooking. Use them!

my day tomorrow:
up at 5, bunny and chicken chores
take dog to vet to have MORE blood drawn
take Mike to co-worker's to dig up spiarea bushes
drive us out to the farm to plant bushes (if we can get through the raging river that used to be our lower pasture...it's still raining)
me drive home. Mike takes the van home
I go get my lump taken off my back
I moan and whimper a lot in pain...but get no sympathy..no time for sympathy
drive to Chicago and the airport.
Pick up MIL.
Drive home. Put MIL in hotel.
crash in bed. (it will be about 11pm)
Thursday:
get up and take aspirin (necessary for the hangover)
go out to breakfast
rent a car for a week.
send MIL off to the wedding with a promise to show her ALL the house nad the farm when she gets back (yah, right)
call vet and find out about the new bloodwork
drive back out to the farm to get things ready to move chickens and bunnies and me out this weekend
buy more rum....

Let the sprirea bushes go until another time. That will take a real bite out of your work day, what with the digging, the driving, the planting (in the rain, no doubt). Sometimes you just have to cut a few things off your to-do list to keep from going crazy.

Oh, it will be fine. One of those days that doesn't stop until you fall asleep :) I need one of those once in awhile to remember what it's like to be stressed :lol:

Unfortunately, we HAVE to go to the property to get the van...hmm. we could do that tonight tho. I'll suggest it. The bushes...we could put that off until the weekend, I think.

can't. he's already put off getting them for 2 weeks. She's landscaping the yard. The bushes MUST GO! says she :lol: It's a good thing, 'cuz I was looking at buying a bunch this year. But I procrastinated too long! :rotfl:

weekend will work well. have to go to the farm anyway. It's MOVING TIME!! :bananadance2:

MaggieJ":63vrookm said:
I think I'd feel like drinking too! :buds: And I don't think I would be pondering on whether the glass is half full or half empty.

Yes, I agree. Don't ponder about it. Just worry when the glass gets 1/2 empty. :lol:

Definitely, take a deep breath! You live on a farm, it is spring, you can't control the appliances, you have to care for the dog, and she isn't coming for a home inspection. I know what it is like to panic when people are coming (I do it every time), but when other people do it, you think there is no need. So, think about if one of us had people coming and we were in a panic. What kind of advice you would give us? Now, take that advice and relax. :)

Anntann":g3zbo1mc said:
Thursday:
get up and take aspirin (necessary for the hangover)

Um... why do you have a hangover Thursday when you didn't drink tomorrow? :lol:

Seriously, Maggie's right. Cutting the bushes out of your schedule tomorrow is a great idea. And pfaubush made a very good point that I will try to remember myself in the future. :)

My MIL had a sweet, sweet friend whose trailer always looked like a tornado had struck inside of it. She did a LOT of sewing, and her trailer was small; consequently, there was material and stuff everywhere.

She had a brilliant sign just inside her door:

If you came to see me, welcome.
If you came to see my house, make an appointment.

We're back and managed to get the MIL to stop moving and talkingon the phone long enough to find her at the airport. :roll:

Flight was early, we were on time. So as we're parking the car, in the BIG parking garage (O'Hare International in Chicago is a HUGE place) the cell phone rings. It's MIL. She's landed and where are we? (not complaining, but wondering where she should go to be picked up) Now...one thing to know..this woman NEVER stops talking. Mike asked a simple question:"where are you, we'll come to you" and FIVE MINUTES later she still didn't give him an answer.

Basically, she didn't KNOW where she was. She was walking as she talked. Didn't know where to go, and she'd followed the people to the baggage claim area (even tho she didn't have baggage to collect). SO! okay. She's at baggage claim...Mike tells her STAY PUT we'll come to you. She's still talking as we start to move saying "theyr'e telling me to go outside and get picked up" Mike says again..STAY PUT, We'll find you." We get in the elevator and the phone disconnects.

Eventually (it's about 3 minutes walk to Terminal 2 (remember that...terminal 2) Continental Airlines baggage claim. We get there. ... She's not there. Mike's on the phone with her and she says Yes..I'm at baggage claim. <sigh> Mike asks 'Okay..what do you see?" "Baggage thingies that go around" :shock: "what does the sign say?", he asks. "there isn't a sign"...eventually she saw the big sign on the bakc wall that said "UNITED"

UNITED is in terminal ONE! We tell her to stay there. We'll be there soon. I ask the lady at the desk "where is united baggage claim? the MIL came in on a contintal flights and somehow got to the UNITED baggage claim" Lady says it's in terminal 1.....so we hotfoot it over to terminal 1 baggage (up stairs...over...then downstairs again) and THERE SHE IS!!

To be fair, it wasn't her fault. Her Continental flight had been routed to a gate in terminal 1, but since she's not familiar with O'Hare (or many airports) she didn't understand there were 5 terminals, all separate.

But we found her. We went for dinner. We got her installed in a motel (REALLY nice clean and friendly one here in our town). However, she's staying in town another day so that she can visit the bunnies, and the farm. So...we're off to take her out to the farm and she can see Mike's projects and oh and ah over my weed..er, garden patch. :D Then I think we'll go have a picnic somewhere. I'm not sure what I'll do with her for the evening, but we'll think of something.

and so ends a long narrative.

Glad to know you survived all that, Ann! And MIL too! Big airports are so confusing. It could have been worse. At least in Chicago people are talking in English. I had a few bad moments myself changing planes in Paris on my way to visit my sister when she lived in Bordeaux.

Glad it worked out! I hated O'Hare. In fact, I got lost there once and people had to find me. Portland is soooo much easier. lol. Hopefully, you are sober enough to enjoy the visit. :rotfl:

:D Trust me, it's MUCH easier to enjoy her visit slightly sloshed...but I'm driving, so that's RIGHT out. But we've now caught up on ALL the family trials and tribulations (this woman lives in the middle of a soap opera, I swear). We dropped her off at her motel (lovely breakfast, trip out to show her the farm, drive around the lovely GREEN wisconsin a bit (she's from the desert SW). She's napping and putting around until we call and decide to go out to dinner. Mike's upstairs sound asleep with a raging heachache, and I'm thinking about a nice short lie down.

We had a really pretty, tho hot day today. Didn't bother the MIL at all...it's been 106 at her place for a couple of weeks now. :x

So, I'm sitting here, eating my frozen fruit bar just catching up on rabbity stuff. :D

Latest posts

Back