Register

Gold and Silver and "Preppers"

Off-topic Discussions, Member News, Funny Stories and Jokes.
2 years of membership2 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 500.00

Re: Gold and Silver and "Preppers"

Post Number:#16  Unread postby guardianoasis » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:51 pm

Oh lord another topic I could write novel posts on lmao

I have a foot on both ends of the fence with this. I agree with investing in gold and silver but my reasoning might be a little different. In my mind, if the economy collapses people will sell off whatever they can to be able to afford to keep their goods. Following the whole instant gratification, save that which is mine situation. THAT'S when I would buy the gold and silver. Supply will be high, demand will be low and people will be selling it however they can to make the dollars they need. Not now. Right now at this very moment an ounce of gold is valued at $1,313.60 Silver is at $16.57 an ounce. When the market crashes and people need to unload those it will drop way down and all of us peoples with cash stashed throughout our houses can grab it cheap. Then when the market goes back up and the price of those go back up, you have your own little wealth pocket hiding in your hoard. This is also why I am getting into real estate investing. Population keeps going up. People need places to live and most can't afford to buy because of consumerism (insert entire huge post about being a minimalist in a consumer heavy economy). But I'll stay on topic here.

I do agree with learning the ropes so to say, but adapting them with new age technology. There are thousands of people out there who do the work for us to borrow the ideas to use on our own. I moved to learn how to garden because I didn't like the food in our local grocery stores. I worked at a Walmart and there were protests in California that stopped traffic on the freeway. We didn't get produce shipments for three days and everyone in the area got a taste of what it was like to have empty shelves in the store. A couple years prior in Feb 2012 we had a really bad snow storm here and the property I lived was at the top of a hill with a 150-200 drop on the side of the road. If I didn't just fill my propane and buy groceries, I would've died. Those are just a couple situations that lead to my switch. That being said I've also done research in building my soil and producing as much food in a small area as possible. I've learned how to raise animals, working on researching all the illnesses and injuries. I try not to baby them as much as possible so they build up resilience and resistance to survive. I'm constantly trying to learn things and network with people so we can all learn skills. My hardest lesson is that I cannot do it all. Knowing someone who can tan hides for me in exchange for rabbit meat, and someone who can sew said pelts into clothes to keep me important in exchange for pelts and meat will be important.

I don't think the economy will ever get so bad that money itself will become obsolete and the world will work strictly off a barter system. There are way to many money hungry people to allow that to every happen completely. I do however not trust in the banking/financial system as a whole. I'll use them for their loans to get me starting with my investing but my main goal within the next five years is to become completely independent of a banking system, using it only for online transactions I can't use cash for (I.E. rabbit transport or ordering products online to be shipped to my home).

Done... lmao I could talk about this for hours too.
Currently breeding American Chinchilla and Satin rabbits.
Guardian Oasis Website Guardian Oasis Facebook

The following user would like to thank guardianoasis for this post
michaels4gardens

Site Supporter
6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 32,363.00

Post Number:#17  Unread postby Zass » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:09 pm

Guardianoasis, interesting you should mention real estate investing. My news outlets have been spamming me with reasons why property is a poor investment and even how upgrading one's property is a bad choice right now, etc etc. To me, that screams now is the time to invest. :lol:

The following user would like to thank Zass for this post
michaels4gardens

2 years of membership2 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 500.00

Post Number:#18  Unread postby guardianoasis » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:36 pm

Zass wrote:Guardianoasis, interesting you should mention real estate investing. My news outlets have been spamming me with reasons why property is a poor investment and even how upgrading one's property is a bad choice right now, etc etc. To me, that screams now is the time to invest. :lol:

Well they are partially right. I'm almost done with my broker license and will be selling houses and stock setting up what accounts I do have in banks to be able to finance the purchases when I make them. But I'm not making them now because while the market is going up in home sales (and therefore will be lining my pocket in commissions), what goes up will go down.

Also another topic I can and have gone on for hours about.... but I don't wanna hijack the thread lol
Currently breeding American Chinchilla and Satin rabbits.
Guardian Oasis Website Guardian Oasis Facebook

Previous