Going to court

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shara

Reaction score
So, next week I am going to be in court, and I am dreading it. I Know that it will be fine for me, since I am not the one charged, only a witness, but this trial has the potential to shatter my family. My uncle is a serious predator, but he is my gramma's little boy, and she refuses to believe what he is and has been since being a child. Dude's 40 now, and is looking at 50-75 years in prison.

I am nervous about the whole thing. I really, REALLY don't want to testify. I really, REALLY want to become deathy ill or have some sort of accident where I dont have to show up. On the other hand, I have the responsibilty to put this sicko behind bars so he cant hurt anyone else anymore, and frankly, I hope he gets whats coming to him behind bars. Only pity is there is no death penatly for his crimes. I don't even know why I am posting here, maybe because I just dont want to do it, but have to and want to complain, I dont know.

Wow, Shara! :( It may very well destroy your relationship with your grandmother, but every kid that comes within eyesight of him needs you to be strong and tell it like it is. Just realize that his lawyer's job is to fluster and discredit you, so keep your cool and your wits.

I understand you not wanting to do this. I wouldn't want to, either. My dad threatened to sue a doctor who had helped us force him into treatment for dependence on prescription painkillers once. I told the doctor that I would testify on his behalf if my dad sued him, so he knew we weren't going to hang him out to dry. My dad didn't sue him (perhaps, though, only because he lived less than half a year past that). If he had, and I had testified for the doctor, it probably would have seriously hurt my relationship with my grandmother and uncle, who never believed what was going on with my dad was nearly as bad as we tried to tell them.

Of course, the case involving your uncle is on a whole different level.

Feel free to rant here, that's why we have this section. Good luck with your testimony!!! (((HUGS)))

ah Shara...it's a very tough position to be in. YOURS won't be the only testimony though and perhaps that might help things with your gramma.

We'll listen. :)

Shara, I can only imagine what you're going through, but be strong, girl, and do the right thing. It's a pity about your grandmother's attitude, but you are not responsible for that. She is. So don't take it on your shoulders. You have enough of your own to carry as it is. (((HUGS)).

you can do it

I don't blame you one whit for not wanting to mind you

vent away here

It may be unpleasant but right is right and wrong is wrong and in this kind of thing there are no gray areas. If your grandmother wishes to turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to such a great wrong that is her choice. It might ruin your relationship with her but you won't be able to face anyone else in the family if you don't do the right thing. You won't be able to face yourself either if you back down. Doing right comes with it's own rewards in self-respect, sleeping at night, being able to look people in the eye and not back down and who knows? She may come to her senses and realize what's been going on all along and finally face facts. Stand tall and hang in there! You can do it.

you guys are so supportive, and i thank you all. I am scared, tommorrow I testify. I know I have to, and I will. But I don't want to. At least I have eight new babies to make me happier. :)

Shara, I'm sure it went okay for you. You're strong and it sounds like you know what you need to say.

Grandma...well, she'll either deal with all the truths coming out, or she won't. There's not much you can do about it. but from what I saw in my own grandmother (she, too, had to deal with some hard truths) moms already know. Deep down..they know.

Hope to hear how it went for you.

I was thinking that too, Ann... moms do already know, in their hearts. It's getting them to get the truth from their hearts into their heads that is tricky.

well, I am here at the hotel, and let me tell you, it is some pretty sweet digs! At least I will be able to melt my tension away in the nice hot tub! lol. Whew.

Getting on a witness stand is wierd because you get up there with the reality that someone's life and freedom hangs in the balance.

The best thing you can do is just tell the truth, but we'll all be pulling for you to get thru it.

Thank you all for your prayers. My part in the trial is over now. it was hard, but not as impossible as I had thought. I did okay, I guess. I dont know. I am glad to put it behind me, forever now.

Thank you all again.

Latest posts

Back