Goat kids, piglet--must be spring

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainey

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Saturday we picked up our piglet for this year. Have had a hard time getting good piglets, dropped from 2 down to 1 since we started raising rabbits. Last year we talked to the guy who hauls our pigs in the fall and he found us a piglet that did well so we went through him again this year. This piglet is very easy going so I call her Placid. She didn't squeal on the ride home. She comes right out to see what we've brought her when we go to feed. She finishes up any milk or whey very promptly, then comes over to the fence and "talks" to me--don't know if she's expressing gratitude or asking for more :D

Yesterday Barley had two kids between when we checked on her just after lunch and got back to check again at 2. One buckling, one doeling. We're glad she kidded on a warm sunny day instead of waiting for one of the wet days (which we need for the garden) coming up.

Attachments

• IMG_9223.jpg
    IMG_9223.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 634
  • IMG_9234.jpg
    IMG_9234.jpg
    487.2 KB · Views: 634
  • IMG_9245.jpg
    IMG_9245.jpg
    367 KB · Views: 634
:congratulations:

Love seeing baby farm animals in the spring. It's great to know that you're off to a good start this spring.

We were out for a drive yesterday and I saw a pasture with sheep, including one perfect little black lamb. Made my day! :)

Back