Register

Ginger and food poisoning

Off-topic Discussions, Member News, Funny Stories and Jokes.
Site Supporter
4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 9,551.00

Ginger and food poisoning

Post Number:#1  Unread postby michaels4gardens » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:05 am

Using Ginger to prevent, and treat food poisoning

Ginger cures almost every type of digestive tract problem, and also most other forms of “food poisoning”.
[Ginger is the only treatment I use, and have used- it is very fast and effective]
Ginger is an ingredient in most traditional Asian recipes that contain meat, it prevents people from getting sick from old or non refrigerated meat, as well as some other troublesome bacteria various foods may contain…
I recommend everyone keep a little ginger on hand - https://www.inlifehealthcare.com/2017/0 ... -remedies/

Additional "reported" -“natural” treatments

Apple Cider Vinegar can treat food poisoning as it disinfects your complete digestive system. It alleviates various symptoms of food poisoning. It is reported that apple cider vinegar gives instant relief.
I, as well as[probably] others on this site use canning methods that can be risky. Commercially caned food can also be “bad”. All of my family’s food poisoning sickness incidents came from restaurant food. I just posted this as “helpful info”- that some people might not be aware of.. and/ or find useful…
Last edited by michaels4gardens on Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
meat-mutt rabbits, a few laying hens.

The following user would like to thank michaels4gardens for this post
Zass

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 36,210.00

Re: Ginger and botulism

Post Number:#2  Unread postby akane » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:27 pm

Mmmm.... Asian ginger soda. Fixes any digestive problem you have. Just don't stir it up unless you really love ginger spice because the slightly fermented root at the bottom is strong. I also keep a container of ginger tea around because it doubles as being useful to cover the flavor of anything you can dissolve in hot water for ingestion.
http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/user/takakageri/library/
Failing might just mean you are trying to climb instead of swim https://youtu.be/evathYHc1Fg

The following user would like to thank akane for this post
michaels4gardens, Zass

Site Supporter
4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 9,551.00

Re: Ginger and food poisoning

Post Number:#3  Unread postby michaels4gardens » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:12 pm

the link above says ginger is a cure for botulism-- that is not right-- it works for some "other types" of rapid onset food poisons
meat-mutt rabbits, a few laying hens.

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 870.00

Re: Ginger and food poisoning

Post Number:#4  Unread postby hotzcatz » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:40 pm

It's also pretty good as an anti-nausea 'medicine'. We usually keep some ginger root around, especially after they've been harvesting it in the fields on the way into town. Some of it will frequently fall off the trucks so we can just pick it up alongside the road. Otherwise, Costco has some lovely ground ready to use ginger in a handy squeeze bottle. They keep it near the bottles of garlic in the spice area. At least, at our local Costco, not sure if yours would have it or not.

Slices of ginger root are frequently used in meat marinades around here. Ginger and shoyu are a standard start to many marinades. Ginger is also good in some teas, or kombuchas.
Hula Bunny Yarn from Hillside Farm Hawaii
http://www.hillsidefarmhawaii.com

The following user would like to thank hotzcatz for this post
michaels4gardens