Ghosts and Spirits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maleficent

Reaction score
Out of curiosity I was just wondering if anyone here believed in ghosts and spirits? I was also wondering if anyone had any supernatural stories they wanted to share that either involved them or someone they knew? I have a story or two I want to share myself but I need to get it typed up first before I do.

I am very sensitive to things of that nature. My sensitivity has dulled since my childhood so I can no longer see spirits, but I still know when they are around. I grew up down the street from a cemetery that opened in the early 1700s. The place I grew up was also a stretch of woods were a battle from the civil war took place. So I've got a good couple of stories for you. I could never tell which side of the civil war the soldiers fought on, but they patrolled our back fence each night, and were quite nice. I distinctly remember that one had a big moustache that grew into his side Bern's. My mom says that they use to patrol through the yard, but since I was just barely walking at the time she asked them to stay out of the fence so they didn't scare me or my older siblings. I had friends that lived one house down from me, and I was at a sleepover one night when I woke up to a girl in a blue polkadot dress, who looked to be about 5. She has been eternally looking for her teady Bear. I think she died of plague. A few houses down was a spirit that made herself known to all of us kids. She didn't like children, and hated when we walked through the yard going from one house to another. We called her the lady in white. The people that lived in the house preferred that us kids walk through the yard rather than down on the street at night since the street was about 1/2 and acre away from all the houses (big front yards). Down on the street at about 9-10:00 at night is when the shadow man made his walk. He looked like a swarm of bees walking down the street. All of us kids rather had to deal with the lady in white than go near the shadow man. We never actually went near him, because we sensed fear just by looking at him. The cemetery itself has a number of residences. The adults tend to keep to themselves, but the children are never shy to come up and tug a piece of clothing or hair to see if you'll play with them, or at least they weren't with me. The cemetery though has a gardian if some kind that has its own strick rule of no visitors after sunset. I could sense the danger lurking in there after dark so I never went in. My neighbor friend did though. He said that the gardian had the head of a dog, and the body of a lion. It chased him clear over the cast iron fence, and proceeded to give him a warning by denting the fence. Now I'm moved off for college and am staying in a house my mom owns. It was built in the WW1 time. There is something here that is tormenting me, my house rabbit, and my dog. The cats don't seem to care about it. This thing has thrown the broom and the mop, teased the dog and made her fear going to certain parts of the house that she doesn't normally have a problem with, Nd made my sweet house bunny a big bundle if fear. I constantly feel watched, and it feels angry. I'm almost constantly in a state if fear, and this thing torments me at night. I've had some sleepless nights recently. It leaves us alone when my fiance is home/awake. But torments us when he is away and asleep. I've got a few more creepy stories that I'm not the only human that was present for if you'd like to hear them too. They take place back at my mom's house, and to this day I still don't know what causes them, and I refuse to be outside at that time. There is also a sweet one too. I just figured that this post is getting long

TeaTimeBunnies":2xf9eor2 said:
I am very sensitive to things of that nature. My sensitivity has dulled since my childhood so I can no longer see spirits, but I still know when they are around. I grew up down the street from a cemetery that opened in the early 1700s. The place I grew up was also a stretch of woods were a battle from the civil war took place. So I've got a good couple of stories for you. I could never tell which side of the civil war the soldiers fought on, but they patrolled our back fence each night, and were quite nice. I distinctly remember that one had a big moustache that grew into his side Bern's. My mom says that they use to patrol through the yard, but since I was just barely walking at the time she asked them to stay out of the fence so they didn't scare me or my older siblings. I had friends that lived one house down from me, and I was at a sleepover one night when I woke up to a girl in a blue polkadot dress, who looked to be about 5. She has been eternally looking for her teady Bear. I think she died of plague. A few houses down was a spirit that made herself known to all of us kids. She didn't like children, and hated when we walked through the yard going from one house to another. We called her the lady in white. The people that lived in the house preferred that us kids walk through the yard rather than down on the street at night since the street was about 1/2 and acre away from all the houses (big front yards). Down on the street at about 9-10:00 at night is when the shadow man made his walk. He looked like a swarm of bees walking down the street. All of us kids rather had to deal with the lady in white than go near the shadow man. We never actually went near him, because we sensed fear just by looking at him. The cemetery itself has a number of residences. The adults tend to keep to themselves, but the children are never shy to come up and tug a piece of clothing or hair to see if you'll play with them, or at least they weren't with me. The cemetery though has a gardian if some kind that has its own strick rule of no visitors after sunset. I could sense the danger lurking in there after dark so I never went in. My neighbor friend did though. He said that the gardian had the head of a dog, and the body of a lion. It chased him clear over the cast iron fence, and proceeded to give him a warning by denting the fence. Now I'm moved off for college and am staying in a house my mom owns. It was built in the WW1 time. There is something here that is tormenting me, my house rabbit, and my dog. The cats don't seem to care about it. This thing has thrown the broom and the mop, teased the dog and made her fear going to certain parts of the house that she doesn't normally have a problem with, Nd made my sweet house bunny a big bundle if fear. I constantly feel watched, and it feels angry. I'm almost constantly in a state if fear, and this thing torments me at night. I've had some sleepless nights recently. It leaves us alone when my fiance is home/awake. But torments us when he is away and asleep. I've got a few more creepy stories that I'm not the only human that was present for if you'd like to hear them too. They take place back at my mom's house, and to this day I still don't know what causes them, and I refuse to be outside at that time. There is also a sweet one too. I just figured that this post is getting long
Definantly! Keep them coming! I have very few experiences myself that I need to start jotting down here. I have been and still am sensitive to the spirit world. There is one incident with my cousin's eldest that I need to write down once I get the story from her again. It was creepy.

i grew up in south louisiana - one of the most haunted places in the country apparently. SO much supernatural stuff happens there, no matter where you go. all of the south seems to be a hotspot, but something out cajun country, man. actually my house was within a few miles of one of the largest covens in the state (not sure what denomination - everyone said satanist but y'know how people are.) they were pretty benign but there were more than a few reports of black pets missing around samhain.

the church my family went to when i was a child has straight up haunted. really, most buildings were to some extent. in new orleans there's ads for apartments that literally specify whether or not they are haunted, lol. but this church...i blame it for me being very 'whatever' about supernatural stuff. we were often there during non-service hours because both of my parents are musicians, so they would go for practices and decorating for events and such. the front doors would lock/unlock and open randomly. it was so common that it was nothing more than a mild annoyance and 'sigh, someone go lock the doors, they opened again.' there would be random knocking/banging down the hall where the sunday school classes were. but the most famous was the baby in the wall of the evangelist room/kitchen. you could hear it crying from inside the walls every now and then. there was also a kind of boiler/utility room in between the evangelist room and the kitchen that was always locked, but the doorknobs would jiggle and someone would knock from the other side of the door. i distinctly remember playing with this ghost a lot - knocking back on the door in patterns, etc. the baby was mildly distressing but only really in the way that a baby's cry is specifically tuned to annoy us.

my mom has seen more than i have, but i can't remember all of her stories. most of it is just weird stuff at the church, and a few demon possessions. people climbing walls and stuff. i was present, but too young to remember (and they took me out of the sanctuary when it happened cos apparently children are prone to demons?)

for years i had a cat ghost that would hang out around my house. it followed me to two houses but didn't follow when i got married and moved out. most of the time it was just that kind of pale glimpse in the corner of your eye, but several times both my mom and i straight up saw cats around the house that weren't ours. running through the cat flap, sitting in the windowsills. we've also had the 'were gonna mess with your electronics and lights for funsies' type of stuff happen.

honestly i've felt pretty sad that all my houses since i moved out have no ghosts :( i have SO many skulls/pelts in my house, being a taxidermist, and no ghosts, boo.

i'm not really religious anymore, but the amount of supernatural events i've personally experienced has made me respectful of the possibility of spirits, at least. you won't catch me doing weird rituals in the graveyard, lol (though you probably will see me skulking around looking for old graves, i do love me an old grave.)

I'll do sweet first. It happen when I was about 5 or 6 years old. I kept seeing a man looking through my bedroom window. Then one night while I was sitting on my bed playing I heard breathing right behind me, and felt warmth against my back. It scared me so much that I jumped out of bed, and ran by me door. I looked back behind me and saw the man at my window again, but this time he looked incredibly sad. Needless to say I bolted from my room to find my mom. The thing is my mom was outside at the time and said that there was no one there, but seeing my shear panicked state she told me to describe the man. It turned out that it was my grandfather who passed away shortly after my older brother was born, 10 years before I was born. After hearing my description my mom looked shocked, and dug out his picture. I had described him perfectly all the way down to his corn cob pipe, and I had never seen that picture of him before. The only picture I had seen of my grandfather before was from when my mom was a kid, and he was dressed in his Navy uniform. My grandfather decided to watch over me, by checking through my window, and was sitting behind me watching me play that day. My mom said that he loved to sit and watch her as a kid, and my older sister play like that. I never saw him, it even felt his presence again after that day, and it still makes me kinda sad. Now for creepy. First story, it was my birthday and my best friend and I were roasting marshmallows. My mom was inside watch something on TV at the time. Well it had just hit 1am in the morning. My friend and I were talking when all if the sudden this little glowing ball comes out from under the grill to the left of the back door, went up against the 1/2ft step under the door, and disappeared under the wood deck to the right of the door. Doesn't sound too creepy, but when you are an 11year old and a 9 year old outside by yourself, it's terrifying. Now the truly creepy one was just about a year or two ago. When I got into Highschool I hosted the friend group Halloween party, because decorated the best, and what not. We always did a bonfire and roasted marshmallows. Well this time the party was about three days before Halloween because if it being on a school night. Well it had just hit 1am (sound familiar?) And we were all outside laughing around the fire, when suddenly all noise stopped. No crickets. No owls. No frogs. Nothing. Then suddenly all the dogs in our neighborhood and nearby neighborhoods started bawling. It sounded like they were being tortured. It was a horrific noise that gave me shivers down my spine, made my blood feel cold, and nearly drove me to tears. The bawling and wailing last about 3 minutes, then silence again. It all stopped in unison. Then a few seconds later all the dogs were snarling, and growling. Fear set into me at this point. One of my friends that is more sensitive than I am said that there was something big and mean walking through the woods. I didn't even feel the presence of the soldiers anymore. They had fled back to the safety of the cemetery. Then all the dogs suddenly went silent again. There was no noise, we were barely breathing. Then I noticed movement in the dark, and my friend very very quietly said "that's it". We all bolted into the house. It lingered around the house for hours. When it was time for people to start leaving we walked each out in a group of students least 3. To this day, u refuse to go outside after 1 am. I don't know what that thing is, I just know it's bad news to be around

__________ Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:34 am __________

shazza":a0qv9um3 said:
i grew up in south louisiana - one of the most haunted places in the country apparently. SO much supernatural stuff happens there, no matter where you go. all of the south seems to be a hotspot, but something out cajun country, man. actually my house was within a few miles of one of the largest covens in the state (not sure what denomination - everyone said satanist but y'know how people are.) they were pretty benign but there were more than a few reports of black pets missing around samhain.

Shazza, I'm going out on a limb here from talking with my friend who had live in New Orleans for half his life, and my fiance who grew up on the Mississippi side of the Mississippi Louisiana boarder. I believe that the areas we grew up in (I'm from southern TN. I grew up half an hour north of Memphis) are so full of the supernatural because of it being the areas of the cotton kingdom. There were so many slaves that were born and died in these areas. I also believe that Louisiana is such a hot spot, because if the aid if satanists, and voodoo. My theory is supported, in my opinion, from all the stories I've heard from my soon to be in-laws. You hear a lot when you go to marry into a family with white witches. My mother-in-law was supposed to be one, but her grandmother died before she could teach her. It skips a generation so the girls were taught by their grand mother's. Lord help our first daughter. If we have a girl she's supposed to be the next white witch in the family so she'd be sensitive from that, then add my sensitivity on top of it...what an interesting life

Shazza that gave me chills reading all that! I just talked to my cousin and here is the one involving her eldest.

Her eldest was about three at the time and her youngest was about one in a stroller, she was taking a walk with her mom past a graveyard that is a mile or so from where my whole family lived. Easily a 15 -30 minute walk from any of our houses depending on the route you take, the majority of the family that I actually know is buried in that graveyard. Back to the story, they were walking past it with it on their right side which was the side the eldest was on as he was holding my aunt(his grandmother's) hand. He paused and said something along the likes of "Is the black man coming home with us?" Confused my cousin asks him, "What black man?" as it was just them besides the cars driving by as it is located by a busy intersection. He points into the graveyard and says again, "The black man, is he coming home with us?" Looking into the graveyard they saw nothing and they had him describe the 'black man'. The eldest described him as a giant black mass with no eyes and mimed a mouth full of teeth using his hands. He said the man had been following them for a while from within the boundary of the graveyard. Uneasy they hastily continued their walk as they wanted to get away from the graveyard as fast as they can. Since then the eldest hasn't seen or mentioned any other instances though up until about 5 he did have conversations with empty air and hasn't done that in a while.

From my own experiences it seems as if I had always had the majority of them at my grandmother's now my mom's house which is over a hundred years old. The basement gives me the chills, and when I was about 6-7 I was napping up in my grandmother's room and a sft female voice called my name waking me up. Thinking it was my grandmother I got up calling for her and went down the stairs looking for her. As I did so here comes my grandparents pulling into the driveway I ran out to tell her what happened and she said it was probably her mother calling for me for some reason. My grandmother has had several experiences in that house which she attributed to her mother, whiffs of her mother's favorite perfume, catching snippets of her voice, and so on. <br /><br /> __________ Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:41 am __________ <br /><br /> I forgot to mention that I am not a practicing wiccan, but I have pulled away from my families faith as I just do not feel that it fits me plus I don't agree with a faith that doesn't like women wearing anything but modest dresses, skirts, and blouses :|

The black man sounds so similar to my shadow man. I just don't know about the teeth. We gave shadow man a wide girth. I think the one that is tormenting me and my pets as we speak, might actually be an angry child or at least childish. If I put in one of my Disney movies with lots of songs such as lion king, princess and the frog, or Moana it stops it's torment for the duration of the movie. I tried just playing music, but that didn't do anything. It has to be a cartoon movie with plenty of music. Luckily for me I like them too

TTB, have you ever considered doing some research into your home? Find out a bit of its history? It could help you find out the identity of the lingering spirit. In the meantime I suggest doing a smudging or get a smudging stick. They are commonly used when clearing the home of negative energy it could help you with your angry spirit. But I seriously consider doing some research of your home. And be careful if you decide to try freeing this spirit of your home, you never know it could be protecting you from something far worse or malevolent.

I've considered researching, but I don't know were to start. It's also been my experience that a spirit will move into a place sometimes, such as the little girl in my neighbors house, so there may not be any records of what it could be. Otherwise I'm working with my dad to get him here to help. He's sensitive too, and can help identify what it is. He is also going to help me place my quartz crystals around the house to cleans it. I think it's really upset with me now because I couldn't save a rabbit kit I just had die last night. I feel like it thinks I let it die. It's been extra temperamental today. It dies however stay in the living space (kitchen and living room) and in our bedroom. It leaves me alone in the bathroom and the second bedroom. Time for a movie marathon

TeaTimeBunnies":keg6qng1 said:
I've considered researching, but I don't know were to start. It's also been my experience that a spirit will move into a place sometimes, such as the little girl in my neighbors house, so there may not be any records of what it could be. Otherwise I'm working with my dad to get him here to help. He's sensitive too, and can help identify what it is. He is also going to help me place my quartz crystals around the house to cleans it. I think it's really upset with me now because I couldn't save a rabbit kit I just had die last night. I feel like it thinks I let it die. It's been extra temperamental today. It dies however stay in the living space (kitchen and living room) and in our bedroom. It leaves me alone in the bathroom and the second bedroom. Time for a movie marathon
Sometimes it doesn't even have to involve the house but the surrounding acre or two of land. I also agree with the spirits can randomly move in during passing. My grandmother has one specific little friendly imp of a spirit that followed her to her new house from the old one. It likes to take her things and misplace them for a while then put them back and leave her a penny in a random spot in apology if its little game of hide the item greatly upset my grandmother like if it was an item my grandmother really needed or something important to her.

But to start your research you can always go to your local library to see if there are any news papers from your area that had any news. I think you might even be able to get the records of who has and hasn't lived in your house. <br /><br /> __________ Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:21 am __________ <br /><br /> If you can (do not actively engage the spirit) but leave a recorder running near you in a silent room then after a while check it to see if there is anything on it.

Sounds like your grandmother has a brownie rather than a spirit, and it wants to get her attention, or decorate it's living area. Brownies like to help around the house with cleaning and organizing while snagging a few things to decorate with if it isn't missed. If it gets angry though, it could easily turn into a boggart and cause a lot of mischief. I know that it sounds like I'm just reciting something out of the movie/books the spiderwick cronicals, but they are listed in my encyclopedia of magical creatures, which is older than spiderwick. I'll poke around the library a bit, and see what I can find

If it is a brownie then it is in big trouble with my grandmother, it took her mother's jewelry box and my deceased uncle's (her son's) childhood teddy bear making her very upset. So far these items have yet to crop back up. Been missing for a while. Mind sharing the title of this book? I wouldn't mind getting my hand on it from amazon if it is available there.

Better yet, here's a picture. Sorry it's so dark though <br /><br /> __________ Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:59 pm __________ <br /><br /> Actually maleficent, I look into my book, and it sounds like your grandmother's brownie is already a boggart if it's just taking things. But since you said it apologizes there could be more than one, or it is just trying to get get attention and is getting upset because she doesn't notice it, and that is why it takes/ moves things. My mom had one too, but it never apologizes, and only occasionally gives things back

Attachments

• IMG_20170811_123647.jpg
    IMG_20170811_123647.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 2,088
Huh, I can get a copy from my local barns and noble apparently. Any ideas what keeps stealing the socks around our house? It seems to focus specifically on stealing only one half of my favorite pairs. :|

My grandma always talks to her little unseen boarder, thanking it if it returns something that went missing though do to some.. bad things happening in our family she hasn't been really mentioning, talking about, or to it for a while. I wonder if that was the thing that upset it.

TeaTimeBunnies":3as2xeq9 said:
shazza":3as2xeq9 said:

Shazza, I'm going out on a limb here from talking with my friend who had live in New Orleans for half his life, and my fiance who grew up on the Mississippi side of the Mississippi Louisiana boarder. I believe that the areas we grew up in (I'm from southern TN. I grew up half an hour north of Memphis) are so full of the supernatural because of it being the areas of the cotton kingdom. There were so many slaves that were born and died in these areas. I also believe that Louisiana is such a hot spot, because if the aid if satanists, and voodoo. My theory is supported, in my opinion, from all the stories I've heard from my soon to be in-laws. You hear a lot when you go to marry into a family with white witches. My mother-in-law was supposed to be one, but her grandmother died before she could teach her. It skips a generation so the girls were taught by their grand mother's. Lord help our first daughter. If we have a girl she's supposed to be the next white witch in the family so she'd be sensitive from that, then add my sensitivity on top of it...what an interesting life
yeah, i've had the same feeling for years. my family is from smack in the middle of sugar country, there's plantation homes everywhere. my grandfather actually hunted on the farmers' property to keep the pests away, so i spent a lot of time on plantation property. i'm not sure of most of the history of the area around the church, but again, the entire area is just built within the margins of cane fields. and churches seem to be more of a hotspot since they're intrinsically spiritual. i've never had a bad experience yet, so either i'm just a chill bro to the dead or they're not particularly aggressive, just wanna mess around lol.

ah, one i just remembered, my first experience with my cat ghost was actually one day i was have a pretty bad depressive episode and i was laying in bed being miserable and i felt the gentle pressure of my cat's feet jumping up onto my bed, walking across to my face and laying down. you know how you can kind of sense an animal walking in your bed through the covers? but when i opened my eyes there was nothing there. but i swear i could see the little indentions where its paws were.

i miss my cat ghost. now i have to rely on my actual living cats to comfort me and they're notoriouslly awful at it :p

Shazza your ghost cat reminds me of my childhood dog. We were the exact same age, and grew up together. He passed away just before our 13th birthday, but he never actually left me until my fiance came along. I guess he felt I am safe with him and I didn't need him to watch over me anymore. I always knew he was around because I'd see glimpses of him, heard his collar clank, and felt him often rub against my hand. We were inseparable growing up, and he was my protector. He was even around when I was with my ex, who turned out to be some of the lowest scum there could be. He moved on after I got with my fiance. The two are so incredibly similar too. Both big, both look intimidating, both sweet, both lazy, both care about me above all else. I guess my dog decided that my fiance was the perfect one to take over protecting me

Back