Register

Games Bunnies Play

A place to post bits of news, ideas, musings and other things that don't really fit into the other forums.
Site Admin
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 58,788.00

Games Bunnies Play

Post Number:#1  Unread postby MaggieJ » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:25 am

We're talking mind games here, folks, not binkies. ;)

Here are a few that my bunnies like to play:

:tease: Are there Buns in my Oven? A simple guessing game that does like to play. She shows no signs of pregnancy up until the very last moment... and then when you figure she's not pregnant after all, she presents you with a fine litter and a bunny smirk of satisfaction. :cute:

:bdh: The Dead Buck Game You go into the rabbitry and your favourite buck is flat out on his side, seemingly not breathing. No amount of calling his name or prodding seems to get a response. Just when you're ready to go dig a hole out back, he stirs slightly, gives himself a shake and asks what's for supper. :twisted:

:nana: Nya-nya! You Can't Make Me! A game enjoyed by all rabbits of all ages. The object is simple: drive the bunny caregiver crazy by refusing to do the simplest things. Can be applied to eating, drinking, breeding, caring for kits or any other aspect of daily bunny life. :grit:

:razz2: Cold Butt aka The Great Bunny Snit You do some small thing that offends one of your rabbits. The rabbit immediately turns his back on you and shuns you for hours or days, depending on the degree of offendedness. Half the time, you don't even know what you did wrong. :shrug:

There are more... and I will post them as they occur to me. Hope others will relate some of their bunnies' favourite mind games. :D

The following user would like to thank MaggieJ for this post
lopluvva, Petlover500

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 2,256.00

Re: Games Bunnies Play

Post Number:#2  Unread postby pfaubush » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:02 am

:wizard: What Sex Am I This Week? A fun little games played by youngsters. They really enjoy this one when you have a waiting list of buyers.

:hobbyhors Escape Hatch Hurry up! If we get all of this food eaten, we can squirrel our way out through the J-feeder! That crazy woman LOVES to play chase!!!

By the way, I HATE the dead buck game!

The following user would like to thank pfaubush for this post
CaptainCrochetHook

Site Admin
Canada Female

Post Number:#3  Unread postby MaggieJ » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:37 am

Those are good ones, Paula!

There is also:
:tease: Are there Buns in my Oven? Version Two The object is to drive the bunny caregiver mad with frustration. Bunny lifts for the buck, acts pregnant for the next month getting away with all kinds of crankiness, builds a lovely nest, pulls fur... and then nothing. :explode:

The following user would like to thank MaggieJ for this post
cmabb

BunnyBucks: 4,256.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby Shara » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:29 am

Lol! Doodle used to LOVE the Dead Buck Game! I don't know how many times I thought he had gone and died on me!
“We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.”
~Winston Churchill

I Aspire
To be as strong as a man
As beautiful as a woman
As truthful as a child
And as loving as Christ...

The following user would like to thank Shara for this post
ITSADOE

United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 56,220.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby Miss M » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:10 pm

:lol: I hear that What Sex Am I This Week? is popular at shows, as well.

:stars: How'd They Do That? To keep you guessing, they accomplish impossible things that have no explanation.

A good example of this was when we found one of our youngsters roaming around the flower pots one morning. The hutch door that closes with barrel bolts was open, and all the other youngsters were leaning out of the doorway. At least in Escape Hatch, there is an explanation. :lol:
Sithrah Farm - http://sithrahfarm.com/

We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
- James Madison

BunnyBucks: 2,155.00

Post Number:#6  Unread postby arachyd » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:14 pm

I have also experienced the dead buck game. Not a good game. Mine like to play, "Guess If I'm Going To Bite Or Lick". The rabbits appear calm and comfortable with whatever you're doing to them and give no signals of any kind. If they're going to lick and you flinch you get an immediate switch into the Cold Butt game because you've insulted the rabbit by not trusting it when it was going to bestow a great honor upon you. If they're going to bite and you don't do anything, well, you get bit.

The following user would like to thank arachyd for this post
Seasprite

Site Admin
Canada Female

Post Number:#7  Unread postby MaggieJ » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:38 pm

Wow, Arachyd, that's a new game to me! And a tricky one! You can't win... and that's how bunnies like it. ;)

BunnyBucks: 2,256.00

Post Number:#8  Unread postby pfaubush » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:26 pm

I was just informed (to my shame) that there is another game...

:wolverine: What Color Am I Going To Be When I Grow Up? This is the game, where a black bunny decides that it needs to turn into a rabbit with tipping, or an agouti, or who knows what.

The following user would like to thank pfaubush for this post
quintex

Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 33,411.00

Post Number:#9  Unread postby ladysown » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:30 pm

what about the "attack killer bunny" routine when they have babies and then suddenly it's all.. Oh... okay.. yeah, go ahead check those babies, I'm cool with that. (or vice versa)
ladysown

http://athomepets.weebly.com/
Primary Blog : http://athomepets.weebly.com/at-home-pets-blog.html
Old Blog: blogs/athomepets/

BunnyBucks: 4,256.00

Post Number:#10  Unread postby Shara » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:45 am

Oh, I hear the escape hatch :oops: Thought there was NO way my rabbits could get loose, when I bought Spooky and her daughter a few months ago. Well, Pouf would love to eat a little path through the hay feeder I made, and we had a "house bunny" for a while. She would be this little puff of fluff running all over, jumping on our beds in the morning to nibble us, peeling up and down the stairs like the :twisted: was after her, lol. My BOSS came once to inpect, and she had ESCAPED and was sitting ON THE WINDOW SILL!!!!!! :shock:

Still have no idea how she got there, lol.

And then she got too big :lol: That was funny. :D
“We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.”
~Winston Churchill

I Aspire
To be as strong as a man
As beautiful as a woman
As truthful as a child
And as loving as Christ...

BunnyBucks: 5,528.00

Post Number:#11  Unread postby eco2pia » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:49 pm

I recently had the "dead doe" game, a version of the dead buck game obviously. I was thuroughly scared, but had revenge when she woke to me peering at her through the wire and startled herself out of a weeks growth. She truely did look dead--until she started twitching in bunny dreams, and that got me to giggling...

BunnyBucks: 56,220.00

Post Number:#12  Unread postby Miss M » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:35 pm

eco2pia wrote:I recently had the "dead doe" game, a version of the dead buck game obviously. I was thuroughly scared, but had revenge when she woke to me peering at her through the wire and startled herself out of a weeks growth. She truely did look dead--until she started twitching in bunny dreams, and that got me to giggling...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

__________ Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:35 pm __________

shrarvrs wrote:My BOSS came once to inpect, and she had ESCAPED and was sitting ON THE WINDOW SILL!!!!!! :shock:

Still have no idea how she got there, lol.

:rotfl:
Sithrah Farm - http://sithrahfarm.com/

We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
- James Madison

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 3,868.00

Post Number:#13  Unread postby tailwagging » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:14 am

lol lolol lolololololol!!!!!!
“You should not examine legislation in the
Light of the benefits it will convey if properly
Administered, but in the light of the wrongs
It would do and the harm it would cause if
Improperly administered.”
Lyndon Johnson, 36th President of the U.S.

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 31,400.00

Post Number:#14  Unread postby OneAcreFarm » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:54 am

Wow, Maggie!

These are so spot on! :lol:

:tease: Are there Buns in my Oven? All my does played this with me... :evil:

:bdh: The Dead Buck Game Sonic just did this the other day to DH! He thought for sure he was dead and was trying to figure out how to tell me when Sonic "came back from the dead" :D

:nana: Nya-nya! You Can't Make Me! Have not had this one yet, but we shall see.... :shock:

:razz2: [b]Cold Butt
aka The Great Bunny Snit Sonic does this all the time! He thumps and then give me "the Butt"...I even posted a pic of it recently....

Love these....

http://www.oneacrefarmrabbits.com
~A micro-attempt at self-sufficiency~

Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 33,411.00

Post Number:#15  Unread postby ladysown » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:08 pm

Only for bunnies put out on grass "how fast can YOU dig a hole". Especially popular with does two weeks preggers and up until the day before. one day they'll be fine...the next day you put them out and you'll have a hole to China built within two minutes (or so it seems).
ladysown

http://athomepets.weebly.com/
Primary Blog : http://athomepets.weebly.com/at-home-pets-blog.html
Old Blog: blogs/athomepets/

Next